Prathun has left EQ....No announcement?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Areosea, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Areosea New Member

Seems like the new crew is cleaning house and they are going to milk us remaining subscribers with subpar content moving forward. He was with EQ for 18 years, so they must have done something to piss him off. Not to mention a few other notables have jumped ship. What exactly is going on? Can we have some sort of input on the future of EQ. We are 3-4 months away from an expansion and you are looking for Designers and you just lost your lead designer.
    Unbelievable. Was your statement about improving stability instead of content because you had plans to clean house?
  2. Jyve Augur

Can I have his stuff?
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

4. Metanis Bad Company

If this is true it's a huge loss of institutional knowledge. Talk about knowing where all the bodies are buried...
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

That is quite the mental leap. It's like connecting the dots in two different books. Maybe, just maybe... it's Sunday so no one is in the office to make an announcement. And he's been working on the same thing for 18 years, so maybe he just wants to do something different with his life. Why does it have to be nefarious?
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I don't remember any developers saying goodbye from EQ in the past, except Holly. Maybe they have, but considering the fear it would instill in players (seen here) maybe it's just not done? Although, I think many players have a lot of nice things to say about Prathun and his work.
  7. Jyve Augur

He'd be crazy to turn down the chance to be an international hair model.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Quite so. But, at the moment, we have only circumstantial evidence of a departure. And in any case, this game has seen most (all??) of the developers who were involved in this game at, or near, the beginning times leave.

I just got off the phone with a friend who works for another game company. We talked mostly about our kids and stuff, but he reminded me that a turnover of staff every few years is very normal in this sort of industry. People leave for all sorts of reasons. Someday, this games run will end, but it doesn't seem to be imminent. And when it does end, I will have other things to do. The sun will shine. Water will flow and I will have food to eat. And I will have lots of other responsibilities to care about. And I will miss the game terribly.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I do hope his lifelong dream wasn't to be a roadie for Justin Bieber.
    Shindius, Skuz and Jyve like this.
  10. enclee Augur

Would be great, if we could do a farewell get together in his favorite zone.
  11. Captain Video Augur

He refurbished the tutorial zone so he would have a comfortable place to retire. Forever more, he will sit in his rocking chair and extol the virtues of good communication. Not that any players posting in these forums ever have a problem with that.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Losing a senior developer like Prathun in EQ is analogous to a small group of people lost in a dark room, when the only person with a flash light walks out.
    Shindius likes this.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Source.
  14. Areosea New Member

Look at his linkdn. Also his name on forums now say "Augur" like the rest of us peons
  15. svann Augur

The 'source' is that his name is no longer red on the forum and it lists him as augur instead of developer. I imagine he will post today yes or no.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Farewell, Prathun. Thanks for all the hard work and good luck!
    Fenthen, Lannin, Szilent and 4 others like this.
  17. Febb Augur

Looks like Absor left as well.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They all headed to blizzard? with eq was owned by them least eq get some advertising thats what hurts eq the most and yet it still survives must be a good game :)

Andarriel
  19. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Maybe all being moved to eq3 team but since they havent official announced the game can't say nothin about it. And we've been getting subpar content since broken mirror...
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That was my first thought, especially if Absor left as well. Holly is probably trying to steal some of the Devs for her new project at Blizzard.
    Fenthen and Andarriel like this.