Future Content for EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Crathsor, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Crathsor New Member

Much like the subject line implies - where to go with the Future Content for EQ? I can imagine players are looking for something other than a re-hashing of older content. This is not to be a knocking what the game designers/developers have done. It is a hard and tedious job speaking as a coder. As the song goes 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs...take one down patch it around 103 little bugs in the code.

What I was thinking as a community there are a multitude of ideas begging to be heard. Quite potentially an idea that may have not been thought of could lead to a future implementation. I'll start with one

Vazaelle the Mad and the Plane of Madness. This could open opportunities into ideas that didn't quite fit with certain content. Does the idea sound completely insane? Perfect. Goes into the Plane of Madness. I am thinking this would give our game designers/developers some leg stretching room for their creativity to flow.

Community members - toss out ideas of what you think would be interesting/fun?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I still want ship to ship combat. Perhaps it could help us to unlock an achievement that would allow us to see details of when our accounts expire in game.
  3. Lisard Silly

They just lost Narlee, Prathun and Froo. They are replacing them with in-experienced newbies. Future content is going to be bumpy. Invest in seat belts.

/shrug
    Marton likes this.
  4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Ouch, I thought they were adding to their numbers, not replacing others.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Where did you find the story on this?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and svann like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

Narlee mentioned it on her live stream for personal reasons

Froo moved to Blizzard around June or so

Prathun left in the last few days it seems
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Slowpokes.jpg
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd like to go to Drinal, Norraths other moon. I'd love this expansion to also unlock more classes for Vah Shir race, like Druids and rangers. Beastlords wear leather and shaman where chain so a the armour types are already created.

Can do zones on the surface as well us underground. :)
  10. svann Augur

If your basis for the Prathun assertion is that his name wasnt red when he posted that he submitted a ticket for a fix, I think that is just a glitch in the forum.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And Discord?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

His status on the forums has changed. Look at any of his posts and it now says Augur (a player title) instead of his daybreak title. All his posts don't show red anymore so if it is a bug it is affecting his whole forum account. All existing posts get affected when the forum account is changed as far as being red or not.

Sounding like not a bug sadly.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, this is terrible. :(
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

My concern would be why is everyone suddenly getting other jobs? Well not suddenly I guess since they were probably looking for a while but.......

By guess would be the change to being their own game studio separate from Daybreak has prompted this in some manner. Multiple folks leaving makes it seem like something is in the wind.. what that something is I don't know. *sighs*
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
    "You've had a pleasant run!
    Shall we be trotting home again?"
    But answer came there none--
    And this was scarcely odd, because
    They'd been eaten, every one.
    Buster_Shruggs and Nennius like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That something in the "Wind" could be Helly err Holly coercing them to where she works now. Hope the TLP mess recently and losing the all access day count on inventory screen is not a by product
  17. Captain Video Augur

A less ominous theory, and I can only speculate here, is that Holly has poached one or two people. That would be considered pretty much common practice in the gaming industry, regardless of the health of the new DPG studio.
  18. Buster_Shruggs Augur

There's an OLD made for t.v. 2 part movie; an Alice in Wonderland adaptation, where this scenario is played out with an outfit wearing Walrus and the oysters he befriends and tricks. That movie scared me as a kid...
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...loper-and-the-suitman-an-adapted-poem.265010/
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  20. Buster_Shruggs Augur

MasterMagnus likes this.