Time to BAN all the 'special trackers' out there

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trebor, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Your response to just about ANY opposition to what you feel is ok is the same every single time.. "Im ok with it, leave if you aren't"(in some form) (i can literally quote a dozen + posts of yours)

You see but that's not how it works, you don't OWN everquest, or these forums. Hell, your opinion doesn't even matter and you know it (neither does mine) so quit acting like the buck stops with Skuz, because it doesn't ;)

And to the bolded,

If 90% of your playerbase is using 3pp's, RMT's, Map hacks, packet sniffers then maybe it IS time.

I would hate to see it go, its a part of my life as I'm sure it is a lot of players. There was a day I would fight tooth and claw for the game and what it provided. (you ignoring that is even more impressive mental gymnastics)

The best part is I'm enjoying my time, have multiple accounts, multiple characters. I'm just not blind.
  2. Ssmiter Journeyman

Maybe its time for you to find another hobby then.
  3. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Why? Because you don't like my opinion? That's rich.

Read what you quote before blindly posting
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  4. Healiez Augur

The real question is, how do you prove those people are using the eye in the sky?
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

so IF 90% of the player base is using 3pp's, RMT's, Map hacks, packsniffers..why does that make it time? From a company point of view they are still making money, obviously the supposed 90% that are using it are happy and paying. So DBG should kill EQ because the EQ that 10% of their players used to love "doesn't exist" anymore (I put that in quotes because as has been pointed out numerous times, cheats and hacks have existed almost as long as the game itself).
    I think that was Skuz's point, you seem to have an issue with how you perceive the game that according to you 90% of the players or the company that runs/owns the game doesn't really care about, so if its so terrible you think it should be shut down, why not just quit?
    Xoner and Skuz like this.
  6. Machen New Member

Without a major change to the game architecture, this would require them to push a patch every 12 hours and force players to log out to patch. I don't think that's realistic.
  7. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

I really think this game should just finally die it's slow death. I love it too, but what is the point? If people cheat just to keep up with the other cheaters all in the name of "well, everyone else is doing it" then the basic spirit of the game is gone.
    I used to pay for the game, and from time to time I will pay, to pick up that expansions AAs, but every time I think about giving a full subscription and buying the next expansion, it makes me realize dropping all that real life money on the game would just stress me out.
    I agree with the non-cheaters, but I think they are stuck in a unending loop of frustration.
    Simply put, Daybreak doesn't care about this stuff. This should be pretty obvious with their thoughts on Krono. Buy Krono from some shady guy on the internet, buy 10 of em if you like, sell them for 3 million a piece (that's about the price on my server at the moment), max out your character in about a week.
    Daybreak is not concerned with any of this. All of that would be a quick fix. Some coding here and there would change the way Krono could be traded some what legitimately .
    Every person has a choice to play this game the way they feel they want to.
    My opinion, it isn't right. Using cheating software isn't right. We all know that. This is how the game has deteriorated over time. This is the new normal.
    If any friend of mine wanted to come join this game, I would certainly advise them to read some of these threads. I also would say to save their money and play for free as long as it suits their needs.
    The cheating programs are here to stay. The basic premise of them has stayed unaltered for many years now.
    Cheat or don't cheat. The choice is yours. You will not get any help from the head honchos.
  8. Lejaun Augur

It's becoming abundantly clear that enforcement is not happening.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And yet there are posts going onto the forum that say it IS happening, so clearly some people are seeing enforcement taking place even if you personally aren't.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Stune Augur

People will blame everyone, and still have trackers in the group. This game is old, this game has progressed to experienced players. I would worry more about the top end guilds sitting at zone in though afking for all kinds of hours. Eventually they will move to other parts of the zone so you cant see they are tracking with so called Linux software. Those are the guys you need to be complaining about. the Warpers.
  11. sumnayin Augur

So posting something makes it true? Did they prove it? or is like 4 years of Russiagate where its true because the media says its true, even though there is no evidence after 4 years of investigation?
  12. sumnayin Augur

That is who they are complaining about..."special trackers" its right there in the title
  13. Punchu Augur

I double dog dare you Darkpaw.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It is so very easy to flip your logic on it's head and ask if the reverse situation is also true in your eyes, because if it is not you are being hypocritical.

i.e. If someone posts that they saw a botter did they really?
    Did they prove it?
  15. HicksAradune Augur

16. marsattack New Member

i 12 box i love the game and i dont rmt all subs are yearly because of my age and medical problems i can be social or just box by myself,i love tlp and with bags and the subs i have spent around 1500u$ to play on rizlona and its good value since i dont drink and i dont play poker eany more due to covid ,il sell stuff cheaply in ec tunnel and buy earings and some rings everything else i have quested for.
  17. Stune Augur

i am talking about the other stuff, they get away with.