Overseer - duplicate Elite Agents

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Addikeys, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Addikeys Elder

Are duplicate Elite Agents meant to be useless? Or is it a bug?

Background: If I have 2 or more of the same Elite Agent, I am only able to use 1. If I use one Elite Agent for a Quest (or if it is missing, exhausted, etc.), the remaining duplicate Elite Agents are unavailable/cannot be used.

It seems like a bug, but maybe this has been addressed elsewhere. If this is the intention, why would Overseer allow you to collect duplicate Elite Agents? Shouldn't they just be lore or some such thing? It's very frustrating spending dozens of uncommon agents just to get an elite you cannot use.

I've also had the pleasure of retiring Elite Agents (in the hopes of doing another Rare Conversion for a new Elite) just to get the same Elite Agent I just retired. The odds of that must be extremely small. I had this occur on consecutive retirements/Rare Conversions, which should be staggeringly small odds.
  2. Celephane Augur

Hover over the "!" and it tells you that you can't use a 2nd one
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Only being able to use 1 at a time of the higher agents is intended, only common agents and the non-iconic uncommon agents can be used more than 1 at a time.

Just wait until you have the majority of the Elites and are trying to get the last couple. I've probably retired at least 10+ Elites in a row now just trying to get the last one I'm missing, that's not even counting all the countless other Elites I've retired to get to that point.

I do wish there was a way to convert and get a specific agent, even if it takes more agents than normal to do that. Or maybe have the Echo's from retiring offer 1 specific agent from the previous tier instead of 2 random one's. That wouldn't help with the Elite's but trying to get the last Rare I need is pretty frustrating as well.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My pet peeve is that I've had several time now where I've had three dupe rare agents, so, time to convert to elite, right?

Wrong, because it's two dupes of a single rare agent, and as soon as you use one to convert, you can't use the other spare, because it's already being "used". I'd love to see conversion quests be able to ignore the "only one iconic" rule.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, I hate that as well. I've had as many as 4 of the same agent at one time, enough to convert just off that one agent alone but I can't since I can only add 1 at a time. Having the Convert Quests ignore Iconic flag would be awesome, hopefully that's something that can be considered for a future patch.
    Winnowyl and Tatanka like this.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Tell me about it, I finally got Ambassador Dvinn and thought I was done on the Elites then seen I was missing Mayong Mistmore! Here we go again. I thought Dvinn was the tuff one to get lol.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea its annoying when converting the iconic ones as you can only do one at a time and if there in a quest you can do them at all til there done questing.

Andarriel
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Mayong's the last one I'm after as well!! That kind of surprised me since he was the very first Elite I got on the other account, that account has retired Mayong at least twice if not more. On the plus side I finally got my last Rare agent this morning when I did another Elite conversion for yet another double lol.

I've been using overseer equally on both accounts, the one account got all the Agents a couple weeks ago, still trying for the last elite on the other account so I guess it's all a matter of rng.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Drakang Augur

Where is a list of all the elites you can get?
  10. Nniki Augur

11. Flatchy Court Jester

Well I guess all I had to do was come here and make a post complaining about it. I went home did a few conversions and BAM there is Mayong, elites complete! Hey wait a minute I have complained about not getting a single TOV rare drop yet before , and still not gotten one.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

On one of my accounts I got all elites relatively quickly without having to deal with many duplicates.

On my other account though I went 7/7 on unique agents. Then I got 5 Dvinns in a row (I already had him). My next 4 were more unique agents leaving just Avatar of Tunare to get.

Now I am on a streak of 9 more duplicates (4 of which have been Dvinn).

I do sort of wish that incapacitates didn't prevent you from using iconic agents if you had duplicates. Maybe there would be some value to keeping duplicates of some of your most commonly used agents so that you can switch to your backup when one gets incapacitated.

Also I think Iconic should not be assessed for conversion quests as well. In the process of trying to get this final elite I keep retiring the duplicate elites and reclaiming 2 rare agents, a few times I've gotten the same 2 agents which slows down the conversion process since I need 2 more duplicate agents to convert again rather than 1 due to the iconic issue.
  13. Drakang Augur

Thanks so now to just get Ambassador Dvinn.

And how is Clockwork VIIX Not a clockwork lol
    Celephane likes this.
  14. Nniki Augur

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm doing OS on 3 accounts. One is just starting this month, so she doesn't really count, I guess. My Bard account has ALL the agents. I'm just collecting some spare uncommon non-iconic and some useful commons now. My main account is missing Firiona Vie. That's it for elites. She FINALLY got her last rare 3 days ago. She's still missing some uncommon non-iconic, but has all the iconic ones. Finished her last common 2 weeks ago. When you get down to getting the last you need in ANY category, the odds are NOT in your favor.