Boxer Hate Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lionari, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Strawberry Augur

You guys cry foul when people say they don't like boxers.

But when the opportunity presents itself to be a jerk to someone, boxers are always right in the front of the queue, aren't you my friends.

The lamentable reputation boxers have gotten over the years, has been earned. A reputation you claim doesn't exist, but one that rears its nasty head in-game and on forums.

The reputation you have gotten is the reason you are playing on your own with your boxes, and why single account owners don't like you. It's the reason people go out of their way to be on a non-boxing server, so they don't have to be on the same server you are on.
    Lejaun likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Boxing gives INDIVIDUAL players the power of GROUPS of players. One of the challenges of MMOs is getting people to work together. Boxing removes this challenge. Is it harder to play a Cleric and a Chanter at the same time? Sure. But it's infinitely harder to be a Chanter playing solo then it is a Cleric and Chanter duo.

Now if you Rizlona dudes can stop up the boards with your constant threads begging Aradune players to come play over there that would be great. There is a reason why 90% of the TLP playerbase picked Aradune over Rizlona. You got your prison server now shut up and stay on it.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Chickenfriedboxer New Member

I solod an Enchanter and a Necro from release day until GoD. I have been there and done that.
    And I agree getting people to work together can be a challenge which is why in my previous post I mentioned that the people I play with now have taken that challenge a step further, but you can continue to compartmentalize your thinking and choose to use examples that fit your narrative. I don't mind. I can see flawed reasoning when it it presented to me.

No offense, but most of us on Riz don't want you to come over. I was pleasantly surprised last night when I got off of work and saw that the server hadn't changed at all. From the areas I visited everything seemed to be as it had been.
  4. Chickenfriedboxer New Member

Regular people? You mean people like you? Why are you on this thread? If you hate boxers, fine. Stay on Aradune or don't play. Your whining and trying to make logical arguments based upon opinion is going to get you nowhere. Everyone has an opinion and, as you have said, this is an MMO where the social fabric is at it's core. It is a mirror of life and not everyone is going to agree with everyone else on every little thing. You can't walk in to your local store and start crying that they no longer serve XY or Z and how it has corrupted what was once a beloved establishment and not expect the other patrons to look at you like you are crazy. The concept of "Karen" is so widespread and so hilarious to most of us for a reason.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No it's just reality if you don't care that boxing gives people an unfair advantage that's fine. But it's just a reality that it does.

Just shut up and stay on your prison server
  6. Chickenfriedboxer New Member

An unfair advantage? Are you not presented the same opportunity? The way your thinking works is quite entertaining for me. It would be unfair if DBG hand selected a few players and gave them the right to box. However, that is not the case. I think that you should understand the concept of the words you use and not merely understand that they can be used when making your argument. For the players on the fence on this issue your statements might make more of an impact.
    Bardy McFly, KimchiGoddess and Skuz like this.
  7. Sythrak20 Elder

No one wants you nerds on Riz, we're perfectly happy here.
  8. Lejaun Augur

People hate boxers because for every good one that welcomes single players into their groups or who doesn't perma-camp some coveted spawn 24/7, there are a dozen who don't with other players and who do monopolize spawns.

Sorry, good boxers, but you are outnumbered and get hated on because of the bad bunches of boxers who aren't as considerate as you.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Truetotheblue Augur

Please, by all means, stay on your server. I am happy enough on Rizlona without needing to entice additional people. I'll be happy here, you be happy there. Everyone wins.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would give you more credit if you weren't using faulty logic & dubious reasoning to justify your arguments. Hence the fake math & cornflake box sociologist comments.

You lump all boxers under the one header & paint them all as cheating anti-social jerks, then you complain when people take issue with your narrow-minded rhetoric.
  11. Lanffear Filthy Boxer

This comment is more amusing since there have been multiple threads asking for transfers to open from Aradune to Rizlona. Have there been any asking to transfer from Rizlona to Aradune? Hmm not that I've seen.
  12. TrollMan Elder

Reported a 6 boxer today. They responded via ticket. Did nothing. on Aradune.

Why not just move them to Rizlona? Literally server transfer all 6 of there characters to Rizlona. It's obvious he was a 6 boxer. All stood there and only 1 person cast at a time or moved.

Or put them to the test and send a tell to all 5/6 characters and tell them to move to the GM. I highly doubt 3 will move at the same (in regards to there's 3 people all 2-boxing)

Wake up GM's!
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yeah it's amusing that 90% of EQs population would rather play on a server with 10 min zone times then play with people like you
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

Idk where y'all get your funny math from. I just checked the server status screen and 6 servers are listed as 'High' pop, including Rizlona. So if it were 90% as you say wouldn't we have like Aradune high pop and every other server low or mid? You guys make too many assumptions with nothing to actually back it up outside of your feels.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

There isn't much we can do about people so narrow minded that they can't actually direct their frustrations at the actual toxic people that are a problem. Do they even realize they are wrong? Do they not care? In the end, it does not matter.

By the time a year has gone by, the vast majority of them will have abandoned the "community" that they so ardently exclaim is wrecked by the evil boxers.
  16. Stune Augur

People just hate when more experienced players go to hate and other places and pull mobs. Its the hate re spawns your really upset over. What people do is try to gank your mobs out of pure frustration. So give me and many others a break, and play the game and petition the gms for not upping the game spawns and that. The sheer numbers to force a new pick requires a raid sometime porting up. So... who is to blame us or the Devs? talk to them first.
  17. code-zero Augur

My first exposure to the anti-boxer mentality was early on Ragefire. I was boxing 2 dark elf characters and while I was making my way across Commonlands some jerk trained my 2 characters and then sent vile, venomous tells letting me know exactly why they trained me and how worthless a human being that I am. Nothing that the anti-boxers have ever posted here in these forum has persuaded me that they aren't exactly like that guy at heart
    Bardy McFly and KimchiGoddess like this.
  18. Stune Augur

Defiantly harassment, should have dealt with that. I also agree there is a lot that do this on purpose because A they suck at the game, and B just are too poor to afford another account, and hardware to do so. If the server allows boxing leave the people be. Its when you see warpers and botting then i would be dealing with the GMs on it. otherwise people just want to experience the little corner they have.
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

[IMG]
    Bardy McFly and Rizlowned like this.
  20. KimchiGoddess Augur

And yet all the degenerate boxers are still on Aradune doing their RMT thing while the rest of us have a wonderful community and much more freedom. I didn't even want to play on Rizlona, I wanted to be on Aradune. I'm happy the server was so unstable because I am having a much better time on Rizlona and have made a couple wonderful new friends there. I can always camp whatever I want when I play and don't have to deal with one guy camping the good stuff with 2 necros/mages in every pick.

Aradune is literally a server DPG created to stop people crying about boxers and yet here we still are. Enjoy your prison server!
    Bardy McFly, Thewiz, Aneuren and 4 others like this.