But why?? (patch UI change)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cadres, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Cringe.

Nah, I use the time you waste on useless data entry (and your predictable reply explaining why it doesn't actually take that much time) to play the damn game.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I only have two accounts, but I put the dates the accounts renew on a sticky on the side of the computer. Does this mean I will miss out on the fun of a spreadsheet?
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh.... I am currently thinking of the easiest laziest way I can handle this. I may just create a check off list.

I can't say that in general I like using spread sheets but back in my hard core D&D days I did have a massive worksheet detailing crop yields, population densities, useable non usable land etc etc of medieval type fiefs for my d&d campaign. All because I was bothered by the idea of randomly assigning sizes to kingdoms and then all fiefs under that when I was using mapping software to create maps. I tried to base it off hard data as much as possible... so... yeah a spreadsheet to track my subscriptions doesn't excite me but each to their own :)

The funny thing is all that work on the spreadsheet really had no effect on my campaign as far as the players were concerned. That was really just a project I did for myself because I found it interesting.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And I save even more time ignoring stupid posts.
  5. Tappin Augur

I am going to back track on this one and sorry for my complaint (I would like something to be on the inventory screen, but not required). If you click the arrow next to Myallaccess on the launcher it displays when your account will need to renew even if you pay with Krono (works on 3 of my accounts). That's really all that is needed.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

No, it doesn't, at least not in all cases. It says the date of your next reward of free gnollbucks if you are subscribed, and makes no mention of my renewal date whatsoever.
  7. cadres Augur

Nope, doesn't show on mine either
    But even if it did - the point is that I should not have to come out of the game to find out how much time I have left. I used to be able to see this on all my accounts constantly and easily - anything less is clearly a huge downgrade in utility
    xcitng likes this.
  8. Tappin Augur

It's a good enough reference point. It's not perfect, and not going to argue over it. And yes I agree it should be listed in game, but this is better than having to log in
  9. Zamiam Augur

this is what I will be doing from now on .. if/when i renew my accounts with a krono I will just keep a post it with a reminder .. its a fix anyways . something we shouldn't have had to do but .. whats the old saying if you want something done right do it yourself .. DPG couldn't get er done RIGHT :p so ...
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm... if they can't accurately indicate how much time is left on an account in game does that mean they cannot accurately add time to an account when a krono is consumed in game?
  11. Password1234 Augur

I'd be surprised if the adding of time to an account is done in game. Since the game was pulling the info from somewhere else, I'd imagine the process of adding time takes place outside of the game as well.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually I was thinking that if the interface that feeds the game is so bad that it could also cause problems in recording krono usage when passing the information over to the account system. Or not passing it over I guess.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Should have some sorta warning in game.
    Rather than kicking you out potentially mid raid.
    Gimme a warning 3 hours before I'll be kicked to fix it.

Edit: Has only happened in a group so far, but would suck (more) to happen mid raid to randomly be LD'd until I click one of the Krono's I have that I had no idea I needed to spend to prevent it.

Edit: Or just give us a checkmark to autospend them.
  14. dreadlord Augur

I think the substantive point in all this is that there should be some mechanism, any mechanism, in-game for people to be able to find out this information
    I'd be happy with, for eg, something in my inventory window that indicates 'your sub is due in 7 days or 48 hours' or whatever - just *something* !
    (I don't care if it's not exactly accurate, if I know the cutoff is looming I can go through the pain of logging into the unwieldy sub page to check)
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

The patcher includes some information regarding your All Access status (or otherwise) I wonder if days left could be added accurately which would be a reasonable compromise.
  16. dreadlord Augur

That would be better than we have at the moment, agreed, but personally, I would really like the info to be somewhere in-game
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.