New Expansion? No...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Buster_Shruggs, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Buster_Shruggs Augur

2. Nniki Augur

Like the creator of all things... or perhaps, if you will, the developers of the game? :p
    Riou likes this.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

The title of your OP is disingenuous and you have the audacity to call them out on how they worded theirs?
    /smh
    Xeladom, minimind, Tucoh and 6 others like this.
  4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

LOL, you must have an itch to troll. I didn't call anybody out on anything. I saw a portion of their post and "assumed" a new expansion including The Nameless (deity) from the game's lore. I added the "No" at the end of my post's title to avoid clickbate, but I see how someone might mistake it to mean I magically had knowledge of NO upcoming new expansion! :eek:
    so, disingenuous? Nah
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

svann likes this.
  6. svann Augur

Velketor implied continuation of ToV. While technically that doesnt have to happen next, I think that is the best bet.
  7. Troutfest Augur

Did Prathun leave? His name doesn't show red to me, I thought it used to.
  8. Numiko Augur

If you follow the link you will see there are actually 21 job postings there .. and what is interesting is they say you will be helping with "ongoing releases" and Everquest ...

Sounds like there is a bit more going on then just hiring a few people to help with an expansion.
    Nennius and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

In any case, an expansion where "The Nameless" could finally be seen and perhaps spoken to has potential. Where would this being live? Perhaps it could right the Force, err direction of things in EQ. Perhaps a Loooonnngggg series of quests where you finally enter and see...what? What would this mythical being look like. I hope it wouldn't be like the fabled Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, where Brando was in such poor physical condition that he had had to be partially hidden by poor lighting so the audience wouldn't break out in spontaneous laughter.

In any case, the fact that they are hiring is a very good sign and the rumored (haven't seen any official announcement yet) of folks leaving does leave me wondering.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

God speed, Prathun, thank you for all the hard work.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Pawtato Augur

Man, that’s a bummer. I wish they would’ve done another Fan Faire.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Does anyone have a link to the story that Prathun, et al. are leaving? Could be insider info., but I natively distrust unattributed stories/info.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Nadisia and svann like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It would appear so for me too.

If Prathun & the others have left Darkpaw I would like to wish them all the best & I hope the circumstances were favourable for them (i.e. found great positions elsewhere).

Some new blood on the team can't hurt though.
  14. Troutfest Augur

I don't see any of his posts on the staff tracker forum in the last week. Hopefully he is just glitched, think that happened once before.
  15. Nadisia Augur

A little bit off topic, but imho, they should make a little effort and design a handful of specific icons for them (the devs) on the forum.
    Nothing against you Troutfest hehe, but everytime I see this ogre, I think it's Ngreth, it's disturbing :)
    Same for the tree and Prathun.

On the subject, well, it's intriguing, but if it's true, I wish them well and warmly thank them for everything they have done over the years.
    And I do agree with Skuz, sometimes a little stream of fresh and new blood is not always bad.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Riou EQResource

You can see which devs are no longer listed as devs on the forum or in their discord, it means they either left the company or I suppose potentially got moved elsewhere, until they change their work loc and such on their twitter or linkedins, etc, but either way they aren't on EQ1 anymore

Also the reason they are hiring replacements

It is the 2nd part of ToV, those collections based on theming are likely to be from Siren's Grotto
    Jumbur likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

His posts now show him with a player title "Augur" so looks like his forum account has been changed from a Dev one to a player one.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Not even a goodbye.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

With the virus thing thats happening this year and people leaving it seems is it even guaranteed well get a expansion this year least on time?

Andarriel
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think that's a relevant question given the recent developer team losses.

At the least I would expect a delay or a much smaller expansion than originally planned.

Training up some new devs is going to slow down the ones remaining while they teach the new people how this antiquated beast works.