Aradune bone chips

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roflcopter, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Roflcopter New Member

If anyone wants to see some shameless botters, head to the paineel noob zone. 4 afk bards killing thousands of skeletons an hour most with AFK tags up. I guess the whole “live GM” thing is a load of BS.
  2. Truetotheblue Augur

Botters? Since when you do need to bot to /afk with Chords of Dissonance on to kill decaying skeletons. C'mon dude.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Roflcopter New Member

Ok. Isn’t any unattended play against the rules? Your character shouldn’t be interacting with mobs without you actively at the keyboard. I think the AFK tag means they aren’t pushing any buttons. Still a blatant TOS violation.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you have netflix on 1 screen and a bard singing with /afk on on another..are you afk?
  5. Roflcopter New Member

Yes. You are AFK in that case. They are very explicit on that. If your character kills a mob while you run off to take a dump, you just violated the TOS. No unattended play. Walk away for a second and get a kill? Violated the TOS.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Truetotheblue Augur

If they were just sitting there watching netflix, picking their nose, admiring how cute their dog was while they were still at the keyboard they wouldn't have to press any buttons to just sit there with chords running.

If they're really sitting AFK and killing mobs, against TOS? Probably. Botting? Doubtful, in that case anyway.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Truetotheblue Augur

What about if I'm using a hardware Keyboard switch to box on 2 different computers? Technically the keyboard doesn't even exist on either machine! Am I AFK? :eek:
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Did you report them?
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

just do what i do and staple your keyboard to your face. that way you can never, by literal definition, be AFK. Checkmate, Daybreak.
    Aneuren, Sythrak20, Kobra and 2 others like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:D:eek::D:eek::D
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Report em, move on.

Better question, who gives a shark about some paineel skeletons aside from paineel necros.
  12. Itzmatt86 Elder

So as one of the "shameless botters" gm seri did check on me. And as my afk message stated i was tabbing back and forth between total war warhammer and eq. They told me have a nice day. I told them have a nice day. About 10 mins later i asked for cookies for nostalgia sake and got none...

Moral of the story is ask for cookies first.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Are you really botting bone chips Bobby. SMH
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

All the twitch streams were a lie.. how could you do this to us Bb
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm Frenzic irl.
  16. Captain Video Augur

Farming bone chips in a newbie yard is a serious waste of time. It's certainly not the EQ game I play. The rusty weapon drops do have some value for skilling up blacksmithing, but you'd need a bunch of 40-slot bags to make that work unattended.
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

They never said the GMs would be live, the term used was dedicated.

To have expectations that the GMs would be actively policing each zone 24 hours a day down to the millisecond is far disconnect from reality (and what is possible) as is the expectations of the majority that play this game and feel the need to run to the forums because they ran across 1 person potentially breaking the rules and they weren't dealt with 5 seconds after a petition was submitted.
  18. Truetotheblue Augur

I think people do it for Bone Chips for Cabilis Faction. You'll need a lot of them on Ara and Riz when Kunark drops to do the turn in quest. So I think a) people who want the chips for the turn ins are getting a jump on it now, and b) people who want to sell chips to people that don't want to farm it are getting a jump on it now because it's low hanging fruit and easy money when Kunark drops.

Entire countries and some corporations are run by lizard people. So it's no surprise that players would want to get on their good side in game too.
  19. Captain Video Augur

I always find bone chips by the thousands dumped on vendors, if I need any I just run the gauntlet and buy. I keep what I get when levelling up a new toon, I've usually got at least a few hundred in the bank by level 20, but I've never once had a reason to go farm them. Like I said, I must play a completely different EQ from most people.
  20. wade_watts Augur

GM's doing afk checks for them via /say instead of /tell. Totally got one or two of them suspended even though they were actually at keyboard. Pro move GM's.
    HorribleGMs likes this.