Wizard AA-suggestion: instant cast gate to primary anchor

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jumbur, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

At incoming raidwipes I often use my instant-cast nexus-gate AA to escape, and afterwards click my teleport to guildhall-anchor AA.

Giving us an instant cast gate to primary-anchor AA would allow us to "skip" a loading screen at the evac scenario, and would give us a more relevant destination after we have finished the daily questing. Nexus is an irrelevant destination on live servers.
    Other destination suggestions could be guildhall anchor or one of our binds: (primary/secondary/tertiary)

Purely a "quality of life"-feature, for the modern wizard. :)
    Waitwhat likes this.
  2. svann Augur

I think a port to banner might be useful.
    Jumbur likes this.
  3. smash Augur

Do not agree, this would be another "escape from death" as you say nexus is, you just trying to disguise it.

Nexus is 1 zone from pok, so not irrelevant, also not on live servers.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

What do you mean im, "trying to disguise it"? Of course its an "escape from death" utility! That is the whole point. :p

Such teleport-flavored escape utilities has been a class defining trait for wizards since classic(i think?), and there is nothing wrong with that. :)

Escaping directly to GGH(or another anchor/bind, for people without guilds), instead of the nexus transit in between, won't really change the power-dynamics there.
    I wouldn't even mind if it shared cooldowns with our existing nexus gate...

We can no longer teleport our raid to safety mid wipe, so at least make our personal escape slightly more practical! :cool:
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

They removed Exodus/Abscond memory wipe and changed the way TLs worked specifically because they don't want escape from death utilities. In fact, until you posted I bet they forgot about Nexus gate. I won't be surprised if it's on a patch note "fixed" in the next few months.

Besides ... 99 times out of 100, it's easier just to die in zone than to deal with all the moving around to get back. Someone's dying in a called wipe ... raid's going to wait for those folks anyway.

All that said, firmly against this idea ... or anything remotely like it. They've taken away our utility as a porter (druids as well). I'd rather gain real power (like increasing dds over the ridiculous dots these days) than have more "utility". If it ain't helping the boom boom, don't want it, don't want time wasted on it, and more importantly, don't want it used against wizards in a dev meeting (...hey, wizards got an instant utility last expansion, they don't need anything more...).
    Aztaar likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Thats news to me, when did that happen? I had no idea they had anything against escape utilities in general...:confused:

Anyway, I doubt that there is a fixed number of spells/abilities per expansion per class that they can't exceed. Its not like we get fewer/weaker nukes because we get more utilities in a specific expansion...
  7. Lockdown Elder

Why not just upgrade the Gate AA so that everyone who casts Gate can instantly port back to their bind point?
  8. svann Augur

The memory wipe part is certainly still working, but I think if you have a dot on the mob the next time it ticks when you are in zone you will reacquire agro. And the change wasnt to disable escape, it was to ensure you got credit for your dots.

The change to disable escape was to the wizard's teleport to anchor aa, where it fails if you or anyone has agro.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That could work too. Now if only I could bind in the guildhall...:)

The argument that nexus is still relevant because it is only one zone away from pok is flawed though.
    Because for wizards every zone is only one zone away from pok...:p Nexus-gate would be equally useful if it ported you to icefall or overthere... we still have to mem another gate-spell to get somewhere usefull..."zone-connections" is for "lesser classes", its not like we run between zones anyway...and guildhall is an excellent travel-hub zone.
  10. Aztaar Journeyman

This times 1000! Instead of them worrying about a utility that helps us with nothing, make us beat druids again.