Fer Reelz?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SonOfABiscuit, Jul 15, 2020.

1. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Why not just say the patch time is 12 hours instead of always misleading people? Frikkin' frustrating.
    dreadlord likes this.
  2. Namde Augur

I feelz ya dawwwwg
  3. Febb Augur

There are centers out there for addiction. They can help you, you just need to give them a call.
    Herodotus likes this.
  4. SonOfABiscuit Augur

5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Was

Was like 30 mins over wtf. I logged on around 12:30 servers saided locked at server screen then they went all up. guys have no patience take it you don't do hunters.

Andarriel
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would much prefer them to just say "it'll be finished when it's finished" instead of giving a time frame. Just be honest and admit they have NO clue how long any of this stuff will actually take.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Try the decaf.
  8. bob2 Journeyman

ok, waiting for the trifecta post ( 3 of 4 for thread bingo)
    1. delayed time for patch
    2. only day they could take off to play
    3. wants bonus xp or refund
    4. ragu quit
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think the aim is to provide players an "in good faith" expectation of when the game will again be available for play. This is common in games as a service operations.

They get the time it will take wrong often but not due to any deliberate attempt to frustrate their customers or some perverse sense of humour just stuff can & does go wrong in this industry.

If they said 12 hours & then manage it in 2 we will definitely see posts screaming about wasting a whole day doing something they hated when they could have been enjoying themselves playing EQ.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I guess your not a 'veteran' :)
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They posted it is expected to take 6 hours, they had something they needed to check so it took an extra 30 minutes, it isn't a big issues.