But why?? (patch UI change)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cadres, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Kiaro Augur

When they figure out how to make it not lag the servers so bad. Imagine every character queries that data every time they load, or zone, or use a krono. Sure its just one number, but its still gotta place that query in a queue, and work through that line, chances are by the time its gotten through all the requests, its time for the next batch! So you get a backlog, or have to dedicate more resources to it...
  2. Marton Augur

So servers will have way less lag now ...

Maybe I'm a minority here but I don't think it's reasonable to ask players to log their accounts in on the forums to check how many days they have left.
    Caell likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Definitely not when a lot of folks have multiple accounts.

Has to be something better then logging in each account to check when it will expire.
    Fenthen, Caell and Coagagin like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

It was only wrong if you didn't log off. kinda like when people would see one day on it and not log off so they can continue there membership for free least that's what people did in the past.

Andarriel
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

To be fair, all those other UI-elements are gameplay related. But im probably just kinda weird, I also use an ad-blocker when surfing for example...:p

Yep, im a grumpy old man who think gaming nowadays are too commercial... Real world money! in MY fairy tale world!! FILTHY CAPITALISTS!!! ;)
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

I bathed today. Oops, missed a spot. Noooooooo
    Jumbur likes this.
  7. LadyQuake Elder

I will miss that. it was a quick and easy way to see how much time in game I have left to sell enough for a krono :)
    For me seems accurate.

Shirl
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. xcitng Augur

i used that all the time to see when my accounts needed to use another krono to update ... please return it.
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I would enjoy hearing any rational reason for getting rid of it.
    Fenthen and xcitng like this.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think they finally fixed this. Anytime I let the Subscription expire I get booted from the game now, I always think the game crashed or my internet or something went out until I realize it was only one account that got booted. Log the crashed account back in to see he's Silver and go, oh that's why he crashed lol.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

I used the inventory window all the time to see how many days left i have .. Even if it was off by a day or so it gave me a rough idea .. im sad to see it go .. now i'll just have to wait till I see silver on my main account cause I rarely log into my account from DPG site .. and afaik there is no where on the forums that show your membership info ..
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or maybe they have some ulterior reason for wanting us to access the information the website. Hmmmm It may be time to invent a conspiracy theory. Ad sales, maybe?
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They want us to forget to claim our monthly 500 DBC, so we have to buy our DBC instead... /tinfoil-hat

:eek:
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That would be wrong. The second your time runs you, you get booted from the server.

Very often the time showed 0 days, no matter if you re-logged. There were complaints on the forums many times. Maybe it will be added back when the problem is resolved?
  15. Fellynn2 New Member

What a stupid stupid thing to do.

Incredibly useful so you don't expire in the middle of a bloody raid...

Like really? of all the issues...that's what you change? It worked fine for me, never noticed anything worth torching it for.
    Caell and dreadlord like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok here is your answer. Now follow along, keeping in mind how EQ works.

So there is this thing called discord AMA thing that they want everyone to be part of but almost none of us are because of the random unjustified banning and other 2 step authorization when it first came out and its just another distraction from the game.

And on this they posted their "reasons" but because none of us bother with it, so we did not see it.

Someone was kind enough to post the discussion for us.

Where you ask?

In the TLP forums:D Now that makes sense. Cause EVERYONE is on TLP:p

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...g-all-access-days-left-from-inventory.269060/
    dreadlord likes this.
  17. Schatze Journeyman

Rather like using a hammer to thread a needle. Only reason I can see for doing it is to force people to log into the website. Ok, it had a few glitches, so fix the glitches instead of other things that make no difference at all.
  18. Tappin Augur

Why can we not have the same date listed on the website added to the inventory screen with a small note to relog if time has elapsed? Seems to me like they don't want me to know when my account expires.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Schatze Journeyman

Now you're getting it!
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

As has been stated previously the number was often either slightly wrong or sometimes wouldn't update the number of days at all and remained at zero. Most sensible people would realise that this was just a database quirk and you actually did have all the benefits of All Access again but a small percentage of very loud omg-the-sky-is-falling customers would spam petitions claiming they had been scammed out of a Krono and they were about to hire a lawyer etc, etc.

As 'fixing' it was non-trivial from a coding point of view the easiest solution was to remove it completely.
    svann and CatsPaws like this.