can't believe they removed all-access days remaining

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Clefairy69, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Clefairy69 New Member

from the inventory window! That's a huge yikes, like wowie!
    Duder likes this.
  2. Chewbakhan New Member

Yeah that doesn't really make sense... I used it all the time.. but it was an indicator to use "claim" so if they remove that maybe more people will forget and be forced to buy DBC?
  3. Namde Augur

It will be easier for them to drop a day from your total.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

They're out of touch.

You're out of time.

But we're out of our heads when not logged in.
    Kobra, Bailen and KimchiGoddess like this.
  5. Jaime Lannister Augur

Now to check it I have to log into their website like a peasant! A PEASANT!

That takes almost as long as logging into the forums and making a post. Who has time for that?
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly, you're being really shortsighted here.

There is a lot more than 10.
    CokaSZ likes this.
  7. Dazinth New Member

Yeah tbh it was always really useful to me, didn't even know it was gone until you mentioned it. Well, that stinks! Especially having multiple accounts, you can sometimes forget when the subscription is up when using Krono.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Am just going to put this out there and I have verified it on all my paying accounts:

If you bring up the marketplace in game then where it shows "your reward expires" - that is your next bill date. You are awarded 500 dbc on your bill date. Go ahead and compare it to what it shows in account management instead of arguing with me here.

So there is that way that may be easier for some.
  9. Relentless Insomnia

Every single player logged in has that counter syncing on their character sheet...considering how they have been trying to hunt down ways to eliminate unnecessary actions/processes to improve performance I'm not surprised they nuked this. Its not like they could sync this to an external time source or something it had to likely sync on a regular basis to your remaining game time in their Database I bet, which means in order to stay accurate it needs to re-sync like any time source every so often or it gets too far out of sync to be considered accurate....multiple that by however many people are logged in on an already lagging service and the re-syncs could have been more frequent than wanted or not working at all. Its better not to present you with misleading information than to have a counter that is 12-24 hours off eventually.

Eitherway...I highly doubt they removed this to further conceal something malicious like dropping game time from your total.

Though that gives me an idea. What if instead of banning players or suspending them, they just reduced your remaining days left based on the severity of the infraction. They could be a little more liberal with punishments and increase the rate of krono consumption at the same time! Hmmm
  10. Paladin42069 New Member

Catspaws... your method works but is flawed. You are awarded the station cash and able to claim it immediately upon paying a sub or consuming a krono. Your method involves not claiming your 500 cash until the very end of you billing cycle, instead of at the start when it becomes available.

After you claim it the message reads 'add time so you don't miss your next reward' with no date/time given.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I never said it worked AFTER you claim the bonus. ;)
    Paladin42069 likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
  13. Febb Augur

I can't believe it's not butter.
    KimchiGoddess and CatsPaws like this.
  14. C3lowz Augur

Can't believe they eliminated some stress on the server that was causing the game to lag and become unplayable at times. Ridiculous.

On a serious note. This may seem like simple text to you guys, but there is a lot more to it than that. Removing this from 1000s of players actually eliminates stress on the server.

You guys survived just fine without All Access days on your account in the past, you can survive with it again.

I for one welcome this change. I am sure this is not the only reason why, but Aradune was smooth asf during Prime hours yesterday.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

If they had written it right the first time, they wouldn't have had to remove it. I understand that they are dealing with old spaghetti code. Been there, done that. The reality is that with a mud ball you can either start over or slap on more mud. EQ is one hell of a mud ball at this point.
  16. Maze Elder

If you think "removing" that feature eliminated the server stress, you're insane.

They removed it because they don't want to reverse the XOR and provide the encryption key on the actual client, since they went ahead and wrapped that chunk (All Access Time, along with every process name, hard drive location and more).

What eliminated the server stress is the AddPlayer function no longer collecting Client data every time the function is called. I.E zoning, raid adds, DZ creations, pick spawns.

Easy to see what is added and changed if you're not a mouth-breathing keyboard pounder.

P.S it's not hard to log into a website via a shortcut to check. If you can't remember when you clicked your last Krono, EQ is too hard for you.
  17. Koniku Elder

Imagine not being able to keep track of something that happens monthly.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I have a pretty good head for numbers and dates. If anyone wants to give me their info, I'll keep track of it all and you can just send me a tell for the info anytime you need it.

=P
  19. zarcal Elder

I think what they didn't think through, is when my CC expires because i don't remember things a year in the future, I will be calling and putting in a ticket to not only get my 'special subscription price' continued, in a addition to my Loyalty. I think less tickets now, far more later.. We shall see.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Never lived with a woman ^
    Shrimply Pibbles and CokaSZ like this.