Phinigel Flagging issues EoK to live

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hendoh12, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'm aware there is no level increase in EoK. My point was to say that using level increase as the metric for 8 week vs 12 week is a silly metric. Getting those 5 levels isn't a huge time sink for TLP players, and expansions with level increases aren't necessarily larger or containing of more content than those without level increases.

They should look at time to complete the entire expansion of content. This includes:
    • Raids
    • Group progression
    • Hunter/Challenger Achievements
    • Collectibles
    • AAs
    • Any large expansion quest arcs
    An active TLP player who is online most days should be able to complete all of this within the expansion timeline. In TBM for example 8 weeks is definitely enough to accomplish this. EoK however the AA inflation is a huge chunk of the content and 8 weeks isn't going to be enough for most players to finish it.
    Going from 100 to 105 in TDS and finishing all the AAs is going to take a fraction of the time it will take in EoK to finish all the AAs.
    Fryar and Skuz like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is a very salient point & I am sure a lot of players can understand exactly what you mean, especially TLP players who move through all of the expansions quite quickly.

In my "GoD-Mode TLP" suggestion I did make an effort to address that & gave what I felt were more appropriate run-times for each expansion for those expansions that came after Gates of Discord, not everyone will agree with these of course but I felt that these were much closer to what would work better on TLP servers than the 12/8 fixed model:

OoW - 08 Weeks
    DoN - 04 Weeks
    DoDH - 08 Weeks
    PoR - 04 Weeks
    TSS - 12 Weeks *Live XP*
    SoF - 12 Weeks
    SoD - 10 Weeks
    UF - 10 Weeks
    HoT - 10 Weeks
    VoA - 12 Weeks
    RoF - 12 Weeks
    CoTF - 08 Weeks
    TDS - 12 Weeks
    TBM - 08 Weeks
    EoK - 12 Weeks
    RoS - 12 Weeks
    TBL - 12 Weeks
    ToV - 12 Weeks
    Warrior007 and Aneuren like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sorry for the misunderstanding & thank you for elaborating.
    Aneuren likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Interesting concept and I like the thought you put into the expac timers. Also you missed TBS between TSS/SoF =)
    Aneuren likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks & good catch on my missing TBS :oops:
    Aneuren and Tweakfour17 like this.
  6. Fatjack the glutton New Member

Please pay attention to this post daybreak games!
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

Another thing that may help with the massive amount of AA's coming up is to bump our EXP rate up to FV levels.

As a time restricted player who still enjoys playing on Phinny but cannot log in every day or make every raid the next few expansions look rather intimidating, having an exp boost would make it a bit easier to keep up on things in the limited time.
    Morgen and Skuz like this.
  8. kono New Member

As a Miragul player, I would support a switch to 12 weeks for EoK, and/or accelerated flagging.

It is important to TLP players to be able to clear content in-era, with enough time left over to reap the rewards. Hitting the AA cap in-era, however, seems like a secondary concern, at best.

Either way, I hope you guys get a satisfactory resolution out of this in time for your server.

kono
    Skuz and Dwert Diggler like this.
  9. Kendeth Augur

As Miragul will be getting to EoK early next year I fully agree that this should be looked at and resolved in some way. Either increasing the number of keys or adding another month to the expansion would be acceptable to me, but something definitely needs to be done.
    Skuz and Dwert Diggler like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seems like support for EoK being a 12 weeker extends beyond Phinigel to Selo's folks & Miragul folks too.

I hope the devs are taking note of the support for this & reconsider their prior stance on EoK for TLP sticking to 8 weeks, 12 weeks for what is a fairly large expansion is way more fitting to the amount of content in it.

Thanks to the Selo's & Miragul posters for the feedback I strongly encourage you getting more of your peers to chime in on this topic thread to show the strength of support on this.
  11. VandilIzer Augur

I am the guild leader of LOTA on Miragul, we will be the next server to see this after Selo, who has even faster progression. This needs to be addressed, as more and more TLP's will eventually hit this era and either increasing the flagging making it quicker through the content or the amount of time spent in the expansion feels like a requirement. I dont mind 8 weeks if that's really what you feel it should be but if it takes 6 weeks to flag hitting every lock out to get to the final tier, that's a problem. Do like you did in UF and increase keying 3x if you can't get behind changing a non leveling xpack to 12 weeks.

Please consider fixing this before it hits Phinny!
    Fryar, Auesheet, Warrior007 and 2 others like this.
  12. EQOracle Journeyman

As a raider in one of the top 3 guilds on Phinny I would also love for this issue to be addressed asap.
    Fryar, Warrior007 and Skuz like this.
  13. Tankz Lorekeeper

As a guild leader on Mangler who will eventually see this era, I'd first like to thank Phinny for being a leader in getting these things looked at. Secondly, it would be appreciated if DPG did look into this and find a fix.. Personally, I would be in favor of increasing key drops AND extending the time of the expac.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It took a lot of digging but I found the post one of my guild members posted a while back on the EoK issue where there was some support for 3 months too:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/expansion-duration-past-tbm-phinnigel.265249/

I think we just need to drum up as much player support as we can muster.

So please ask all your guild members to support this post & come support it with a comment or a few words to see if we can build a strong case to take to the dev team.

I strongly feel a 12 week EoK & probably TBL are needed for TLP servers for them to get the most out of those without having to cut far too many corners & cheapen the experience with not having enough time to get through what are quite large expansions in just terms of stuff to do that is relevent to most players.
    RainbowCane and Kendeth like this.
  15. Kakashi77 Elder

I support this change too. Coirnav is still aways away but as a guild leader of one of the few remaining active guilds, key/flag changes to reflect time spent on an expansion in a TLP setting only makes sense. The time spent flagging for an expansion needs to fit the 2-3 month cycle per expansion. This change is necessary.
    Skuz, Tweakfour17 and Warrior007 like this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

You should weigh in on the Selo Truebox thread also, somewhere in there someone thought guild leaders opinions carried more weight in that discussion =)
    JBox and Skuz like this.
  17. blackninja New Member

When you do everything perfectly, kill stuff on lockouts but only have 4 weeks to gear up for the next expansion, something does not feel right.
    Trowx, Fryar, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for the support folks.

Keep it coming, please encourage your guild members & any other guild Leaders / officers of TLP guilds to come make a comment of support too :D .
  19. Caim New Member

This should definitely be reviewed and implemented on or before 8/12/20 =/.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Def support increasing keys and such. Not sure about extending the length of the expansion. Feel like just because you can't key fast enough is not a good reason and they should fix that properly instead of extending the duration. There's no extra content or things to do that make it more enjoyable by extending it.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.