But why?? (patch UI change)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cadres, Jul 15, 2020.

1. cadres Augur

From today's notes:

*** UI ***
    - Removed the 'All Access Days Left:' label in the inventory window. This most accurate place to find this information is in the Membership Info section of your account at everquest.com.

Just why?
    Is it just me that found this very useful?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Kabooms New Member

I agree 100%! This: - Removed the 'All Access Days Left:' label in the inventory window. This most accurate place to find this information is in the Membership Info section of your account at everquest.com.

Was dumb.
    Caell likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Need we point out how many times players get errors at the everquest.com site and cannot log into that option?
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This was a great feature. I used it all the time.

Sorry to see it go.
    Caell, Raptorjesus5, Duder and 3 others like this.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Almost certainly to reduce the number of /petition and bug reports for misreported days in the field.

And yes it was "useful" in the sense that it made information easy to access. But if you are paying by kronos to keep an account alive, the date in the marketplace for next reward is more helpful.
    Mintalie and Szilent like this.
  7. Pharone Elder

It was a very useful in-game feature. I'm lost at to why this would be removed. I sure hope this isn't another change just because of Kronos.
    Raptorjesus5, dreadlord and Duder like this.
  8. svann Augur

Wasnt it usually wrong though?
    German and Szilent like this.
  9. Password1234 Augur

My guess is that because it was inaccurate, making it completely accurate would require it to check in a different way that would cause an appreciable impact on server traffic because EverQuest Legacy Code™
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The only problem with that is if you haven't claimed an additional Krono yet it doesn't show the Date of next claim. I usually wait until there's only a couple of days left on the sub to claim a new Krono, having the days left in the UI made it convenient to know when that was coming up. Sure, it wasn't perfect and displayed the wrong number sometimes but overall it was usually pretty accurate.

I think you're spot on with the reason for removing it though. Many times after claiming a Krono the days left doesn't update which probably lead to many players thinking the Krono didn't give them the additional time, a quick camp/relog would usually fix this. I never bothered with that since I knew it was just a display bug but I'm sure there was plenty of people who would immediately petition upon seeing the display bug.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep there have been lots of complaints recently that the number of days were wrong, guess they removed it so they won't get the complaints. :)
    Szilent likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"We couldn't find a scalpel, so we resorted to the sledgehammer approach on this issue"
    Caell, Nadisia, Fian and 4 others like this.
  13. cadres Augur

Only once that I ever noticed, on one account
    Even then, it was only slightly out
    It was a really useful ballpark that warned me when renewal was getting close without having to go through the palaver of logging into the site

Once again it's a change that most folk (taking into account also the other thread in the player support forum which I hadn't seen when I started this) didn't/don't want that was done without consultation.

Perhaps the 'why' question should have been why oh why can we not be consulted before changes which affect us?
    dreadlord likes this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I used it... but more often than not it said 0. On multiple accounts.

As for "player consultation".. they don't have to consult with us every time they make a change. LOL
  15. cadres Augur

No, they don't *have* to. But if you want to keep customers happy surely that's good practice?
    It gets very wearying - so many changes, changing things that folk actually like and not fixing the many many glitches that actually upset folk
    Caell and Fenthen like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not an ideal solution but what I think I will do is consume a krono when I collect my daybreak cash each month. For some accounts I use krono for I have a few months stocked up.

Hopefully they will put this back in at some point.

I suspect one of the reasons they took it out is complaints when an account auto renews before a person thought they had to consume a krono. I also never liked that a lifetime account showed 0 says as opposed to something like 999.

Having to log into each account to check time left is a bit silly but from what others say the in game display wasn't so accurate. It was fine for me because I keep a few months ahead so being off 5 days either way never affected me.

This is going to be very frustrating going forward though for anyone using krono.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Personally, I thought it "strained" my immersion a bit, to have UI elements dedicated to my real-world economics. It was tacky in the same way the marketplace is tacky. :p
    I used it as a reminder to claim my monthly 500 dbc though...

I can live without it. :)
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought having a UI at all ruined my immersion... wandering around and see these weird windows (chat windows) with words in them, my backpacks floating in front of me. Crazy stuff.
    Caell likes this.
  19. modsiw Augur

I never noticed it wrong. If it was off, it was still close enough to be useful.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Marton Augur

In game display wasn't always accurate but still it was helpful to have it.

Any chance this could come back?
    Fenthen and Caell like this.