Patch Notes...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OldTimeEQ1, Jul 15, 2020.

1. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

While I love that treants will look like they did in the good old days, in classic zones, I am not liking this change:

- Removed the 'All Access Days Left:' label in the inventory window. This most accurate place to find this information is in the Membership Info section of your account at everquest.com.

Why, oh why? It was so convenient to see this in the inventory window!
    Imyur, Duder, Cloudous and 1 other person like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, that's BS. I wonder what the motivation is?

DPG, this is a completely unwanted change. Why do you do this stuff?
    Duality, Imyur and Duder like this.
  3. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

maybe it was causing ui errors?
  4. TrollMan Elder

Agreed, don't understand why they would do this ... =/ It was nice being able to see this.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Same here, I really liked having my all-access days shown on the character pane.

At the very least they could put it on the EQ button somewhere or maybe on the marketplace, I like having that info "in-game" somewhere.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Protagonist Tank

While it's a silly change, the info is still available in game. Click the DB store and look at the date for your next DB claim.
    Barton and TrollMan like this.
  7. Dooby dooby doo Elder

The claim thing isn't fool proof at all. A lot of people forget to claim those the day of. The claim resets 1 month from claiming. So it doesn't actually tell you how many days on your account is left.
  8. Cloudous New Member

Before the update they must sit down and think, “How could we make this game just a little bit worse?”
  9. Cloudous New Member

So now I need to write down all the different amount of days left for my 7 accounts, so that I don’t have to separately look them up all the time. I can’t possibly think of a good reason to devolve your game.
  10. wade_watts Augur

I bet it was either (or both)
    1) Support issue - there were a number of various forums posts about how it was buggy, inaccurate, etc. Causing them support headache.
    2) Performance Related - given the performance issues, perhaps it saves every client from doing frequent DB queries to calculate remaining time.
    Pumpernickel, Aneuren and TrollMan like this.
  11. TrollMan Elder

Make a spreadsheet - each account, put the day it expires (find out by going to EQ.com or whatever) and then have it calculate 30 day increments forever. Therefore you'll know when each account expires <3
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

But that is how it begins, and before we know it, we are playing SpreadSheet Online, err EvE :)
    Thewiz and TrollMan like this.
  13. Sniggz Elder

It’s so people forget about their recurring membership and are less likely to cancel their sub.
    Imyur likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I was wondering when the obligatory tinfoil hat response would show up.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

I wonder if custom UIs will still have access to this label (if they ever did) or if its removed completely. The patch notes leave a bit of ambiguity
  16. Trebla7th Augur

Sounds like it wasn't accurate, they couldn't get it to be accurate, so they opted to remove it rather than leave it in giving the (potentially) wrong number of days. As someone else suggested, the CS required dealing with users complaining about its inaccuracy made it priority to remove.
  17. Utendiyar New Member

Might unsub 24 accounts because of this change tbh
  18. TrollMan Elder

I hope they post why they made this change; might help us understand. It is a bit frustrating but with some clarity, could be nice.
  19. Kiaro Augur

Because this was probably a portion of what was causing so many issues with server stability.
    Think about it, its pulling that data, not from your characters table, but from the account level.
    Since this value has to update constantly (its probably set to check it, on log in, on zone, on load) not having peoples UIs ping ping ping ping ping cuts a lot of work. That's a lot of straws not on a camels back.
    TrollMan likes this.
  20. TrollMan Elder

I hope you're right, we will find out tonight around 7pm EST and see how the servers are doing.