TLP Warrior Starter Gear

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tsar, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Tsar Journeyman

So, i am planning to run a Cleric/Warrior duo on Corinav when it starts, and while the Cleric gearing is going to be pretty easy, cus they are slightly less gear dependent for XP grouping, i am pretty concerned about the terrible classic gearing options for a warrior.

The best guide i have found is from P99 Wiki https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear#Warrior

I have never started a TLP in classic before though, so i am wondering if there are any other items that are going to be different/better/TLP specific that this list is missing, that people can advise me on.

And stow the "Dont roll a warrior they suck" answers, your opinion in that regard means nothing to me. The question is how to make a warrior the best it can be, quickly.

Also, i am talking strictly pre-planar, obviously most of the "Best" items are going to be from planes till Kunark.
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

Welcome to classic, where the gear is meh! eqitems.com is useful. For a warrior in classic your gearing will be very simple: AC first, HP second. This means for pre-planar you're basically just after Crafted armor. For weapons you want agro-inducing procs (e.g., stuns + DD via SSoY). Debuffs like the Obsidian Shard on the P99 website don't generate agro on TLP/Live the way they used to either.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Until you get dual SSoYs, a couple of whips from Splitpaw are pretty good aggro (4/28 or something like that, but they proc Stun).
  4. Beeferx Journeyman

Warrior is highest melee dps in classic, and not such awesome tanks till end of velious/luclin. Get any armor you can wear the more stats/ac/hp the better but don't be a tool and ditch stats for hp. Get more creative than ssoy, there are better options. Remember your more dps than a high aggro tank. You arent going to be keeping aggro off your cleric if you pull more than 2, peroid, just isn't going to happen. Go deeps, snag a pal/sk and a chanter for groups and duo when you can't find that.
  5. Beeferx Journeyman

Also don't roll ogre barbarian or dwarf, thats boring as hell. Get creative, go troll fo the slap, halfling for the free invis supra easy faction mods for quest, or gnome for the strait awesome. Your base stats can be capped in classic as any race so those stats don't matter so much, Dex and Agi are the hardest to come by so be small you get more better stats! Do your research and don't forget to pick the correct god :)
  6. gillert New Member

you gotta be the most clueless eq player alive, quit trying to give others advice, i pray no one read your message and did what u say in ethier of your post
  7. Tucoh Augur

I was going to whine about the two year necro but after reading his posts yeah I'd say the necro was worth it.

Sometimes you play with players who play their characters so poorly and are so arrogant when you make recommendations that I bet they have the philosophy of Beeferx.
  8. Grecojin New Member

Ok so I never played on a TLS, but I did play a Barbarian Warrior before Kunark was released.
    A lot of newbies used patched work armor. In Everfrost killing bear cubs. outside Halas you can get ruined bear skins which can be used to make the armor, (tailoring 15 to 20 as I recall). You can make it for most slots. Also If you get a white skin you can turn it into Cindy for some patchwork. Orc wristbands can be turned in to her for leather armor. This was the armor most of us wore until lvl 20 or so.
    The next step up was chain mail. We hunted the Gnolls in HighPass, or the orcs which also can drop bronze and the SBH (2HS). The Centers in SK were one of the few places you could get the chainmail leggings.
    Bronze armor drops in the higher level dungeons but the large size was very heavy. As I recall Med also worked for Barbarians.
    At some point banded was introduced, which could be made by smiths, banded for the most part replaced all of the above armor.
    Weapon wise you can sharper rusty weapons to improve them bit (just like in the tutorial) a Cracked Staff was one of the better weapons. Sword wise the short sword had the best ratio.
    Duel wielding Langseax (6/23) was popular. There is a quest for this, and peeps used to line up for their turn. The quest also can result in a Langseax of the Wolves (2HS)
    Minotare Battle Axes (8/37) were also popular.
    Silvery War Ax (6/23) was harder to get than any of the above. The same mob also drops a 2HS.
    The Gnoll Hide Lariat (3/20) with the stun, were more popular as pet weapons, maybe we just did not know any better...
    There were better weapons around, but as the easier post stated weapons had a great leap forward in Kunark.
  9. bortage spammin lifetaps

unlike on p99, there's good aggro augs for tlp on vendors in like every city, slap those bad boys in your swords to improve the quality of your gaming time
  10. Triconix Augur

I mean... it's sort of true. Rolling a barb or ogre war is so cliche. Plus I despise large classes and will never play them, especially without shrink.
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

wtf Barbs are cool!!!!