Decapitation Upgrade?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Tolzol Augur

Berserkers weren't decapping every few seconds during VOA either. We are talking about the current game, as someone who hasn't played since TBM this conversation isn't really for you tbh. I don't mean that in a rude way either but without knowing the current state of things your joining a conversation you know nothing about. HS at the very least can crit for 4+ million currently. If berserkers were decapping everything 114 and lower for 4 million damage every few seconds coupled with Reckless Discipline, Blood Sustenance and Furious Rampage it would be insanely OP (Swarming entire zones OP) and I promise there would be berserker alts everywhere until it was nerfed.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think somewhere along the way you may have got me mixed up with someone else?

I didn't ever ask for Decap to be as powerful as Headshot or Assassinate and have at a couple of points in the thread said decap should be lower in damage than those due to its wider target list, in fact I even said I agreed with you about that in my last post which you just partially quoted from.
  3. Tolzol Augur

I’m explaining my reasoning for saying it would cause a flavor of the month scenario that you didn’t agree with based on VOA era information. And explaining what would happen if the OP got what he wanted in one shot, I suppose i could have clarified that.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The mechanics of all three abilities in VoA & onwards remain the same & I haven't said it should deviate from that pattern, FoTM might happen in the hypothetical scenario you outlined I just pointed out that it hadn't ever happened before and to add to that there is little reason to think it would change anyway.

The OP was pretty vague about what they actually wanted as their post was short on details so I guess some interpretation of that was expected.
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

As a ranger I would be happy to see HS give as much return DPS as Decap. Ranger HS doesn't affect almost every mob in TOV and none of the raid trash or mobs. Apples to apples HS doesn't do anything for current raid DPS. It rarely procs when mobs actually meet the restrictions. If you asked Decap to be like rangers, I think you would be very disappointed with the results.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Yes, let's give zerkers more overall DPS, to further distance themselves from other melee DPS classes. Great idea!

Signed, Rogue alt, loving the assassination on live orcs, crying about literallyeveryothermobinToV.

* runs off to FM sarnaks to make myself feel better about life *
  7. Kuaamil Elder

Off the topic of decap vs headshot or assassinate, but this already happens with zerkers. People see big DPS on raids and think "I'm going to roll zerker" and cry when their non-geared heroic zerker with autogrant AA can't match up. Prove me wrong.
    Skuz and Zolav like this.
  8. Zolav Augur

Leave decap be, dont talk about, don't change it, don't do a GD thing lol.

I forget we even have this ability, but I never dissect the numbers too often except recently when I spent 4 hrs parsing and then realize it was on a dk blue combat dummy and it skewed my numbers when comparing weapons ><

Far as flavor of the month goes.. guess Y'all forgetting EOK and that debacle. Freaking Baby Zerkers EVERYWHERE. Prefer to never have that again.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'm offended no one is complaining about slay undead!

Maybe everyone knows there won't be undead for like 3 expansions following prior patterns lol.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I would argue Decap is more restricted than HS. It's hard coded to fire, what? Twice every 2 minutes? Who cares lol.

This issue is, people see the damage Zerkers are capable of and would cry foul were Decap to scale better with level. I totally understand the let sleep dogs sentiment above.

I'll throw in a bonus: why don't Monks and Beastlords have such an ability? Aren't they melee dps as well? Why is it OP for them to have it and not the 3.5 classes that do have it? It's silly and always has been.
    Zolav likes this.
  11. Tolzol Augur

It is not hardcoded to fire twice every two minutes. I literally posted logs showing how fast it procs in this thread lol.

To your second point i agree that’s why i always found these abilities cheesy
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  12. Astral64 Augur

Monks need neck snap. Works on anything with a neck.

[IMG]
    Fenthen and Tolzol like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nah, give 'em a Johnny Cage style "Package Check" finisher, only works on Male npc's
    disclose likes this.
  14. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

That was hysterical imo. A bunch of people just button mashing getting out DPS'd by Shaman. I started a zerker during that. I never gave up on the ole boy either. He's 111 now and 30kAA.(took off after TBL was released and recently came back) Learned how to play that class and I'm happy with how they are currently. I'm with you on the don't change them. =)
    Skuz and Zolav like this.