ToV Chase Items - Random Drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runcible, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Runcible Journeyman

Was just curious as to how many people out there have gotten an ice encrusted XXX item from a random non raid mob kill anywhere in ToV. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it's my understanding that any ToV mob can drop an ultra rare, I've just personally never seen it happen. Between merc quests, aa farming, earring bloodying and general game play, I've killed many 1000s of random ToV mobs across all the zones and aside from a few aug stones, I've never received any special loot. Just wondering how others have faired.

I will say that I got a golden Sage's Earring to drop after only a few days of farming (obviously non ToV) so maybe I used up all my luck on that one.

Take care everyone.

Dyspaire
  2. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I have seen three since TOV launched. 1 ring, 1hs life tap sword and 1 priest pick.

Its obviously not a great drop rate.

I think I saw maybe 2 the entirety of TBL and maybe 5-6 over the course of EOK/ROS combined since it was the same table.

I don't raid so all of this was off trash. The 1hs was just a week ago in Kael and we promptly sold it and split the 5 kronos we got so each group person got one. The merc got nothing, she'd already been paid.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I’ve had better than usual luck with ToV rares compared to the last few expansions.

So far gotten a cloak, ring, ear, mnk 1hb, priest 2hb, and a monk 2h (yesterday, so they’re definitely still dropping). RNG will RNG.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have gotten 3 drops since ToV started.
  5. bortage spammin lifetaps

I've seen 2, a belt and a cloak, both from velks trash
  6. Moege Augur

Personally had 1 drop and that is with me doing the earring 3x ! (also why I have the grinding)
    Friend is on his 7/8th. doing a lot more grinding than me.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Not seen a single one drop this exp. Bah!
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I feel like ToV ultra-rares have definitely dropped more than in previous expansions. I've gotten 3 personally. Isn't the drop rate supposed to be something like 0.03% or similarly low?
  9. Ibudin Augur

Seen plenty of people get these items, I have yet to see one drop. Seems about on par with previous expacs drop rate on them.
  10. p2aa Augur

0,18 % or 1 / 5555,5555...
    After having done all prog, hunter and leveling an earring, I've seen 3 of them in total, 2 of them with some guild group I lost the roll, and 1 I found by soloing when leveling my earring.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Seen one charm early on, won the roll and got four Krono out of it selling.

Someone in guild the other day got the pet focus earring. That is the one I want to sell, that or a melee weapon....
  12. Ibudin Augur

Getting that pet ear is like winning the EQ lottery, oh what I would do with all those kronos!
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Shoulders, 1hp (multiple times) 1hb (multiple times) 1 ring and just last week the 2hs dropped then 45 min later the knight 2 hander dropped. Still debating on keeping or selling the knight 2 hander..
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ice Encrusted is so common on my server that I’ve seen some 1H Ice Encrusted and other pieces go for 2 Krono. I expect the trend (of low prices) to continue once we near the next expansion. Nearly all weapons and slots will be between 1-2 Krono in a handful of months. Dump them now if you are getting anything above 3 Krono (or trade them for Heritage or brownie illusions).
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

MAX Level
    MAX AA
    Every Collect, Every Hunter
    Finished Earring quest
    Completed Vanquisher and Conqueror ( every achieve, mission and Quest in ToV )

Not seen one dang rare item drop. I see them for sale all the time !!!! lol
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Saw 2 rares drop. Was in open zone group both times. Never seen the ornaments drop.

Heck, I never even had a precious ore drop outside of missions.

Finished everything in the expansion.

There is a reason they are called "rare".
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

I got one once in CoTF when it was current, and I saw an EoK one drop a couple years after it was new. Otherwise, nope, and I kill tens of thousands of mobs. Oh well :)
  18. minimind The Village Idiot

I've had 3 drops in EOK (Priest shield, 2HB, Charm), 0 in TBL, 0 in ToV.