Aradune - Botter plague

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eezey, Jul 13, 2020.

1. code-zero Augur

You're wrong about the guides on TLP servers. The senior guides take reports from /guidehelp and check things out but they are still volunteers who take the time to help.
  2. jeskola pheerie

Move to onlyfans?
  3. Zanarnar Augur

he tried, the only subscriber he got was offering 50/mo to keep his cloths on. :p
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

They aren't paying customers.

You aren't a paying customer when you consume a rogue krono to keep your account active.
  5. Zansobar Augur

I don't think those bots are actually bots. It's not against the rules for a person to two box two mages and farm items perpetually. It looks like a real person running the computer when I see them and they are probably being run in shifts of people.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

They should just stick the 'lore' tag on the higher ticket items like the Golden Efreeti Boots and Charred Guardian Shield.

I mean every other friggin' piece in the 'Golden Efreeti' set is tagged 'Lore', 'No Drop', and drops in a raid zone.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

You failed economics, didn't you? ;)
    KimchiGoddess, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

They would just have a runner character whose whole job is to loot the item, orgin out, and then parcel the item to mule characters/accounts.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  9. Febb Augur

Rogue krono? You do know that items come with checksums right? You can't just make an item and expect the servers to accept it.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. ayoforYayoh Augur

This is a common misconception ive seen thrown around in general chat on every TLP ive played since Ragefire.

This ranks up there in nonsense along with its sister theory of "DPG doesn't get paid until you consume it"
    KimchiGoddess and Skuz like this.
  11. Vaxpo Elder

Not that hard, you go to the zones with the best loot/best mob density for AE PL.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe so, still a whole lot more inconvenient though.
    Nymm likes this.
  14. TrollMan Elder

Got problems with botters? Join Thats EQ Baby and zerg them out of their camp!!
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

Actually there is a grain of truth to that one, but its mostly just accounting for it. They can't realize the income from it until you consume it. They still basically get the cash up-front though. I'm too lazy to dig up the thread where they talk about that.
  16. Ronluwen Elder

This is how most businesses process purchases such as gift cards.
  17. ayoforYayoh Augur

you're referring to projected earnings. Not quite the same thing
  18. TrollMan Elder

CLEARLY Lol
  19. squidgod Augur

Welcome to the wonderful world of TLPs and Krono, where Mangler still has 5 picks of Siren's Grotto, each with its own 16-character bot crew farming plat, all day, every day (except after patches while they're waiting for updated software) nearly a year after Velious launched.
  20. Jaime Lannister Augur

Well I've never been to Sol A, where I always hear the most claims about bots, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

But can someone explain the "Botting" at efreeti? What specifically makes people think they are bots?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them, and I'd sure love to have their camp, but I go there a lot, and I never really see anything too suspicious.

What I see is generally not botting. Just someone probably holding the camp down with roomates or something so they Never have to log off.

At efreeti camp you only have to do anything every 25 minutes or so when the room spawns.