Darkened Yaulp xiii (Darkened Brell's Keg Popper)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RPoo, Jul 13, 2020.

1. RPoo Augur

I ran one 10 min melee parse without a proc and one 10 min melee parse with the proc on. The results showed little difference in proc rate. Did I do something wrong, am I looking at the wrong kind of procs or is there something bugged with darkened yaulp xiii?

https://youtu.be/0Aby6qQFoKs

[IMG]
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I would need much longer parses to confirm. There is an overall increase though it isn't huge.
    Random Number Generators can always get you.
    The spell data looks good.
    Duder likes this.
  3. RPoo Augur

Thank you for taking time to look.
  4. Lyrik New Member

I would just like to add that I did a parse, too, but it was short duration (the 1:13 duration of Darkened Yaulp) and I got even *less* procs when I was yaulped (5 procs vs 8 without DY). After that, I contacted the OP to see if she saw the same thing. Yes, I realize that's WAY too short and the R in RNG stands for random. I just wanted to add my initial parse results.

How long would you recommend? 1 hour with/without?
  5. Sancus Augur

Darkened Yaulp only increases the proc rate of worn weapon procs (it uses SPA 200), which don't show up in cast parses. You'd need SPA 250 to increase the proc rate of buff-based procs (like NET/Frightful Force).
    Yinla and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  6. RPoo Augur

what about spike of magic and surge of ice?
  7. Sancus Augur

Those are skill procs cast via SPA 429. I haven't done as much testing with that SPA, but it definitely isn't affected by SPA 200 and likely isn't affected by SPA 250 either.

SPA 200 really just works with traditional weapon procs.
  8. RPoo Augur

ah okay, then this would be a more accurate parse showing the right proc of blaze of fire. It didn't even occur to me that those weren't showing up. These were both 2 hours long. Not even a 20% increase.
    [IMG]
  9. Sancus Augur

That looks about right to me. For reference, the formula for procs per minute with a 2 handed weapon is approximately 2 * (100% + Combat_Effects% + Item_Proc_Mod% + SPA_200%).

48869225 damage / 6480.5 DPS / 60 seconds = ~125.68 minutes for the first parse
    54490310 damage / 7235.5 DPS / 60 seconds = ~125.52 minutes for the second parse

For the first parse, you would expect to see 2 * (100% + 105% + 100%) = 6.1 PPM, assuming you have 105 Combat Effects (the Item_Proc_Mod% for your 2 hander is 100%). 125.68 minutes * 6.1 PPM = 766.648. Then multiply by 1.21 to account for twinproc and you get 927.64 expected procs, versus 990 actual.

For the second, you would expect to see 2 * (100% + 105% + 100% + 60%) = 7.3 PPM, again assuming 105 Combat Effects. 125.52 minutes * 7.3 PPM = 916.296. Accounting for twinproc, you get 1,108.72 expected procs, versus 1,142 actual.

Both of those estimates are a little lower than the realized values, but melee proc rates are low enough that even two hour long parses are going to be subject to some RNG. The formula also may not be perfect; it's an approximation based on testing. That said, the point is the change in proc rate by adding 60% of SPA 200 is about consistent with how I've seen that SPA affect proc rate in prior tests.
    Szilent, Yinla, Lyrik and 1 other person like this.
  10. RPoo Augur

In other words, it's a lot more complicated than the face value of 60%... too many underlying formulas to an already complicated game. Thanks Sancus you have a beautiful mind.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Lyrik New Member

Thank you for the info!

Are 1-hand weapon and sympathetic proc formulas different?
  12. Sancus Augur

1 hand weapon proc rates follow the same basic formula, but the "Base" proc rate is different. In other words, the formula is more generally Base * (100% + Combat_Effects% + Item_Proc_Mod% + SPA_200%), where Base is 2 for 2 handed weapons. Based on limited testing with pets, I suspect Dual Wielding yields approximately the same proc rate as using a 2 hander, but I would need more testing to confirm that.

The formula for sympathetic proc rate depends on spell cast time and the Base1 value of the sympathetic proc spell. Some items may also have a modifier that further adjusts sympathetic proc rate, but I haven't run into that on modern weapons. Here are the formulas:

Cast Time < 2.5s: Base1 * 0.25
    2.5s < Cast Time < 7s: Base1 * (Cast_Time - 1) * 0.167
    Cast Time > 7s: Base 1 * (Cast_Time / 7)

For example, Spear of Molten Komatiite (3.5 second cast time), would use the second formula: 100 * (3.5 - 1) * 0.167 = 41.75. For most sympathetic procs, which have a Base1 value of 100, they have a 41.75% chance to proc off of Spear casts.
    Lyrik and Yinla like this.
  13. Lyrik New Member

Thank you again for taking the time to share this info!