Aradune - Botter plague

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eezey, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Eezey New Member

I've reported a massive bottnet in SolA the other week and now going around and watching a bunch of level 50 afk bots just taking other zones up with no one to stop them is pretty darn stupid. I shouldn't need to report all of them, I don't mean to be rude and demand stuff but. Could we get a guide that patrols and does bot checks and forwards them to GM's so they can be dealt with whenever its possible?
  2. Gyradore New Member

The Grid
    A digital frontier
    I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer
    What do they look like?
    Ships? Motorcycles?
    Were the circuits like freeways?
    I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see
    And then, one day, I got in
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Sorry Karen, it's up to you to police the streets and keep the neighborhood safe.
  4. Eezey New Member

Its okay Bill, someone has the clean the streets of rat scum.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There are but 4 GM working across Aradune & Rizlona, how many zones & players do you think they can see at any one time?

GM mostly work off petitions so they are reliant on players reporting the proscribed activities so I think you should bear in mind that the GM can't have eyes on all zones all the time.

So maybe you really should go easy on the demands.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. Fresh Meat New Member

Singular people are automating 6 toons at a time 1-50. It seems pretty crazy that someone can set 6 toons up 1-50 completely automated all the leveling and never get caught the entire leveling path. That's days of them running their programs without GMs catching wind of it.

You'll see lvl 20ish group in lavastorm for 20-30 hours auto pulling and killing with melee characters sticky to NPCs and pretarget mobs far away and robot turn to the fresh mobs and then the same group will be in Solb the day or 2 following killing kobolds for days straight. Extremely easy to tell it's not a real person. Let alone, 3 real people. I'm not sure how real boxers are getting caught boxing more than 2, when there are completely automated groups of 6 toons somehow "outsmarting" GMs?

Are the GMs ignoring this on purpose or do the GMs really not have any basic understanding of what is in front of their eyes. How can everyone playing the game see these people automating, but GMs don't?

Why bother enforcing a 2 box limit and why release a server where EmQ is allowed, yet we aren't punishing people boxing 6 characters AND using EmQ on the server designed to not let those people on here. They got their own server... The people botting groups here are not doing it for fun. Seems odd they are letting these people go around, even with multiple reports.

You gave them a server to use their EmQ, why not start taking things more serious on the server you gave the rest of us to be free of them?
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. Mercanyin Augur

The only thing I have noticed that was suspect.

4 Necromancers in /pick of SolB @ Efreeti with similar names and /anon.

6 more characters in the same /pick with similar names and /anon. We walked around the pick and saw these "extra" characters in different spots of the zone that were FD'd. They were not at other named locations, just in an obscure spot in the zone FD. I assume they were there to keep the pick open.
  8. Eezey New Member

You didn't even bother to read what I wrote all the way through other than skimming through so you can act like a spaz.

But the bots Ive seen an reported still haven't been punished and they still farming named spots or hillgiants or whichever you name it. Given that its been busy and server been getting swamped, and it was exceptionally busy on the xp event that came about and engorged the servers in some issues with disconnecting or not being able to zone.
    There is only so many of them, I know that. But it has been days an it disrupts gameplay.
  9. TrollMan Elder

They are paying customers, therefore if you can't prove they are bots, they won't do anything. DPG wants the money, they don't care about whether its bots or not.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  10. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

it's pretty obvious the GMs are either nonexistent, incompetent, or are turning a blind eye to the money printing machine that is the blatant farmers.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Climb down off your high-horse & stop throwing insults at people who just pointed out some relevant facts. I read everything you wrote. Guides are not involved in CS roles, guides are just players who run events on servers other than their home server.
    It helps to know what titles mean & what they actually do, your entitled crying isn't going to win you any allies but your insulting people is going to work against you.

If you want the problem to go away do your bit, this isn't a one-sided equation & the GM rely on the players to actively report bad-actors but sometimes the botters are very clever & can avoid being suspended by using some clever tricks, that's why some do persist despite some very active reporting & GM investigations.

Keep up the good work on the reporting.
    GNOME_POWER and KimchiGoddess like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Do their job for a week & I am willing to bet that your attitude would get a serious adjustment.
    GNOME_POWER and KimchiGoddess like this.
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

There have been several spazzes on this forum but Skuz is not one of them.

Keep reporting, keep petitioning, get video evidence and provide it. Sometimes they'll get to the petition hours later and maybe those toons aren't on anymore. I don't know exactly how they work their stuff - if they keep a list to periodically check for or if they treat each petition like a support ticket and close it out, if the cheaters aren't online at the time they move on.

It could also be this:

14. KimchiGoddess Augur

GMs are customer service at the end of the day. I've worked several customer service jobs. Customers suck and in a management position the ruder and more disrepectful a customer was, the less I'd be willing to bend and only provide policy to the letter. Be nice, understanding and looking for a solution? I'll do whatever I can to make it right.

I can only imagine some of the petitions GMs get from people about these botters, I'm sure some tones are set that make them want to be less than helpful, whether they act on it or not.

I've even had someone throw something at me because I had to deny a return, customers really do suck.
  15. Sikkun Augur

I’m shocked. Are you guys shocked? We are all shocked right?
    Xanathol and KimchiGoddess like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I've worked in Customer Service a lot over the years & to some extent or other all work has a CS element to it, but it pains me when people so readily throw around "incompetent" with no real understanding of what that person is dealing with on a daily basis.

Most customers are just frustrated that their expectations are not being met, sometimes those expectations are unreasonable, managing their expectations is as much an art form as it is a science and a lot of it just hinges on making them feel like they got heard. But in EQ if they don;t see action on what they think is a botter heads must roll....

I would love for one of the GM to video a "day in the life of" with player names etc redacted of course just so some could get an inside view of what they actually have to contend with and maybe it would be better still if prefaced with some rough outline of what the GM have to actually go through to check on bad activity reports (it can't be too detailed or the botters gain an insight on how better to dodge GM investigations).

I am sure I will just get labelled a boot-licking apologist or some other side-swipe but I don't care, I bet the GM's work their butts off.
  17. TrollMan Elder

GM's don't do much unless you video it..FYI
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm often desperate for content, shoot me a tell or somethin and we can all go watch em on stream together when you see a group of them out in the wild.
    Pelrond, wtfrlyagain, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  19. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

Not hard to find some, pick hop around in solB and check efreeti in each, see if you can spot anything that looks like normal game players.
  20. Stune Augur

Just use shadow play or whatever software you like and upload to you tube, the GMs have been pretty good thus far. I cant say perfect as some are still boxing 3-6 characters. Not everyone is boxing 4 either, sometimes its 2 people doing 2 characters each. So be careful who you report. Its not a new game, and many of these so called camps are pretty much 7/24 right now because everyone knows everything about classic. I do like how some are sitting afk letting pets do the work, which is banned offense too.
    Skuz likes this.