Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Kevron Journeyman

I'm all for the automatic removal of Truebox at TSS (or maybe even earlier) like I said.

The point about voting is they launched a server and changed the ruleset afterwards. There is precedent for it. Voting/polling would just give each server it's own sense of control. Questioning the results on Selo when there's a grand total of 2 guilds on the server would be kinda silly to me.
  2. Machen New Member

Not really. The only thing they have changed is the timeline for expansion releases. They have never made any major ruleset adjustments post launch. Generally for good reason, but I think in this case it is warranted. I wouldn't bother with voting though, the voting system is not a reliable means for them to gather information from the actual players who are invested on a server.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I did yes, no response as yet so I have given them a prod to ask if there is any news yet.

EDIT: Just this second got a response to say that Dreamweaver has been sick but hopes to catch up on things this week, so a little more patience as he likely has a ton of stuff to get through.
    Tweakfour17 and KimchiGoddess like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would say SoD was my original point at which Truebox should be removed but I have moved from that position some.

I now think all servers should have Truebox removed by SoD at the very latest.

As for when it should be removed at the earliest? "it depends" is my gut feeling.

I think Truebox removal should be dependent upon the specific server's population.
    Coirnav for example started off with way less players than Phinigel or Mangler did, maybe less than Selo did even so I wouldn't be against that server getting it removed at a bit earlier point versus others due to that lower population factor.

I do not think Truebox should be removed prior to Gates of Discord though, at least GoD has the argument that Berserkers would have a lot easier time catching up if they can box from 1 PC. The exception would be if the "GoD-mode TLP ruleset" I came up with was ever used since Berserkers could start at the server launch with everyone else under that ruleset.
    Aneuren likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Awesome! Fingers crossed they are listening, we're at 10 pages of replies with little to no contrary opinions.

Coirnav will be in SoD by January so if the devs feel SoD is the place I don't personally feel that Coirnav should get it earlier due to low pop. I think TSS is a good point since as was mentioned it was basically a soft reboot, you could go 1-75 in that expansion alone, defiant starts to drop, etc. TSS-SoD are the more realistic spots, DoN is probably the earliest I'd say, OoW still had a decent amount of mid tier OW stuff and DoN is when things start to get kinda slow since its basically LDoN 2.0 lol
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Was hoping for some ninja patch notes this month but alas it doesnt look like it's time. Yet.
  7. Duality Augur

So disappointed. I just want to grab my best chest and sit in the corner now... =(
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I think LDoN is the earliest, since you are now in expansions where you can level from low to high without leaving an instanced area. It is also the general point in time where people start leaving a TLP for the next server. But since Agnarr exists, I think the "compromise earliest" is probably Gates of Discord.

The next logical moment in time would probably be DoN.

It would be more helpful to have time to actually work on your boxes before the population has already flattened somewhat.
  9. Pappasalt Augur

Don't worry everyone, we got the real needed changes in these patch notes!

Eggs added to vendors!

Wooooooo...
  10. That0neguy Augur

What do you think the chances of this being addressed before Selo and Phinny hit Live status is?
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

How long did the necro dot revamp take?
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  12. Death Strudel Augur

I agree, end the Truebox tyranny at TSS or so. The combination of not enough players remaining, and the larger area over which players are spread, plus much heavier instancing obviates the debatable need for truebox.

Rizlona didn't result in the end of the world, even in classic. This seems to support TSS being very safe as a break point on legacy servers.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

The biggest issue I see with TSS is, if you're going to make a fundamental change, then TSS is too late by so little. TSS is probably regarded as a good expac, but it's right on the heels of POR, which is largely regarded as one of the worst expansions. So, (if you're going to remove truebox after DODH) POR would be a better removal than TSS since the goal is to stifle attrition.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a decent argument.
  15. ForumBoss Augur

After messing around on rizlona, it is really nice not having to have all my laptops on. To me, any benefit of the first x expansions being true box is not worth it. We can see that everything isnt all sunshine and rainbows on aradune from all of the drama posts. I'd love to put away the laptops for good, but I can only do this if selos removes the rule (and any future tlp i play on starts without it, perhaps rizlona will be an option in 8 months when it has more content).
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think it depends on the amount of support it gets, like most things.

Encourage as many of your own guild members & the officers & leaders of any other guilds on your servers to also chime in.

Having a handful of us debating it isn't going to make the devs think it warrants much attention, but get a lot of players in here discussing it or supporting it with a few words at least & they'll be far more likely to listen to the proposal.
  17. Kakashi77 Elder

I still feel strongly for this. Both improving keys/flags to reflect the short duration of expansions plus removing truebox at a certain point can only help improve QoL on TLP servers and help longevity.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  18. Pappasalt Augur

Almost 200 replies, wonder how many we have to hit to even trigger a response? lol
  19. Lateryn Augur

I am all for this. Truebox is needed and serves it purpose in early EQ. When you have open world raid mobs and the massive population, you need the control of truebox to not let it get out of hand. But once servers reach a certain point(TSS-SOD) these measures are no longer needed. If anything there is only a benefit because players staying past those points are more inclined to open new accounts to box with. There's no point to massive boxing by then. But you will see the vast majority most likely run at least 2 to farm for augs, collections etc. At this point dpg is just throwing money away and if anything losing it for no reason at all, other then sticking their head in the sand.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Pappasalt Augur

Day 28 from first post...

That is our only dev response.

*Edit* Woot I was post 200!
    Skuz likes this.