Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Every 20+ krono loot our Mangler megaboxer sells from Plane of Time/Txevu/Tacvi is another 20+ reasons how Truebox coding has succeeded only in providing a false sense that something was actually accomplished, and came at the cost of making it harder for small-crew boxers to enjoy this game as everyone abandons the server for their next rush.

Super glad we have to buy and manage our two and three computer setups so that Truebox could fatten that guy's wallet though.
    jeskola likes this.
  2. Pappasalt Augur

160 replies, almost zero posts against it, and all we still have is "don't bump the thread without discussion" lol

Come on now, this lack of talking from devs is really hard to ignore at this point. I understand behind the scenes you guys may be discussing it, but how about involving your paying customers with that?
  3. Duality Augur

Maybe they will just surprise us over the 15th patch..

....."*** Progression Servers ***

- True box restrictions on all current and future time-locked progression servers will be removed once Gates of Discord has unlocked. This is the way.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Someone earlier had reached out to Dreamweaver and was waiting for a response. I forget who and I'm too lazy to go back through the thread but hopefully they hear back soon.

This is the way.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Having played through Gates, this is an era with a large amount of open world racing, decent server population, and a bit of the end of the old EQ feel... it would be premature to remove truebox from a truebox server this soon as it would fundamentally change the way a server is played, and the population just isn't that bad compared to what happens in a few expacs.

(The best thing to help Gates stay higher pop is probably just to shorten LDON. It's a great expansion.)
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

Agreed, I know they already shortened LDoN a little bit but I don't feel like it's enough. I don't know how hard people in general go during that xpac but I haven't really done much with it on the TLPs I've played with. I still play a little bit with a friend on Mangler and we've done like maybe 4 LDoNs in total, I don't see a lot of LFG for it either.

I personally always thought it should launch alongside PoP and LoY and then 3 months after that, bring on GoD.

Relevant to the thread discussion, would OoW be a good starting point to remove truebox or should it be a bit farther than that even? The bulk of my experience with these expansions it the initial run on live, I started my TLP journey with Agnarr, so I haven't really re-lived much of the post-PoP/LoY/LDoN xpacs.
  7. Pappasalt Augur

My suggestion has been around TSS - SoF/SoD area for it to be removed.

SoD has been the favorite as that is when we get mercs as well.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

DoN->PoR wouldnt be bad either.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well I know from selo that por was a dumpster fire. Maybe right before then.

Also, mercs were great for selo but it was obvious the damage was done.

The servers hit a rough patch were starting new is hard and attrition is rapid. If they unlock mercs or remove truebox it would be most useful sometime before por but after omens for sure imo. So, don or dodh. I'd probably pick dodh if I had to since I think don had some decent group progression and general gameplay to keep people interested. You also aren't that far removed from oow which was a solid expac if not just for epic 2.0 alone.
    KimchiGoddess and ForumBoss like this.
  10. Duality Augur

Yeah I just think gates is a trash xpac for the non raid content. With pop group gear, you're going to be hurting. And since the population is already heavily disappearing, it might make sense to that aspect. OoW or dodh would probably be best, as I think waiting until TSS or beyond would be too late.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  11. Kevron Journeyman

Truebox should go away when TSS launches. This expansion is a mini-reboot of the server anyway with the QoL stuff introduced. When the server hits TSS it gets Live XP and boxing. Makes sense and it's easy to remember.

There's also voting tech that exists in the game. Devs have moved away from it but it still happens on Ragefire. Put Truebox removal up for a server-wide vote on each TLP so there's no debate about it.
  12. Duality Augur

I don't see them putting the time into a vote, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. Even if it required a high % to overturn initial rule-sets. They're gonna do whatever works more financially for them, so hopefully it doesn't take them much longer to unlock it!
  13. Thez69 Elder

I admire your optimism that since theres a vote surely there will be no drama/debate

I also like the idea of the tlp masses who never play past pop voting if we should remove truebox at omens or tss or later
  14. Kevron Journeyman

The vote takes place at the Priest of Discord in-game. It's a poll of each server community not the forum warriors. Put a level 70 level requirement on voting. Done.

My optimism is based on the fact that if you actually polled the people who play on the older TLPs they would unanimously approve removing Truebox.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...aw-ragefire-october-2015-poll-results.227792/

These types of polls used to be common if I recall. I guess you can call what happened in that thread a "debate" but they took a vote and did what the majority wanted and the server didn't die like everyone said it would.
  15. Thez69 Elder

well obviously the server didnt die when kunark launched lol

they need to figure it out before the server comes out not wait till lvl 70 when it is on life support to even have a vote

new servers kill old servers - just remove truebox from previous server whenever a new one releases if your gonna do it, the era is irrelevant
  16. Machen New Member

Eh, it was never very common (I think twice on Ragefire/Lockjaw and twice on Fippy?) and half the time they ignored the results anyway. Without them releasing the actual numbers it would be pretty meaningless.
  17. Thousand New Member

I don't mind true box on selo I guess, but whatever part of the true box code is disconnecting me instantly when I spam keys on my laptops to use combat abilities and heals need to go.

This will only get worse as the server progresses due to more keys to press to play classes at any decent level.
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

It won't go, all you need to do is make sure each toon has stuff bound to different keys. Have combat abilities on say 1, 2, 3 etc and heals as 0, 9, 8 etc or whatever works for you. Won't boot you then.
  19. Thousand New Member

This is not true. I've tried many things to mitigate the annoying disconnect and this was the first thing I tried. I use USB numpads for my 2 laptops. I have heals bound to 9 on a shaman, and combat abilities bound to 3 on my zerker and if I spam them enough I get insta disconnected on both.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  20. ForumBoss Augur

Not bypassing the launcher is supposed to help. I can still trigger it, but I've trained myself to slow down a little and haven't had it happen a lot lately. When it does happen, it's usually at the worst of times though. But you will get booted instantly and not usually die before you log back in.