Is this normal?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roguexx, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Roguexx Journeyman

So I leveled a new character to approximately 20% into level 111. THEN I did the Velks, Eastern Wastes, and Great Divide group missions for that character, and the character is now 82% into 111...that is all. To my recollection from leveling up many other toons to level 115, the completion of these 3 tasks normally get the character to 113ish. Am I losing my mind here? Should those 3 task wins get more than 60% exp TOTAL at level 111?
  2. Tucoh Augur

I don't think you're losing your mind.

I can't remember if fellowship XP sharing or AA XP impacts achievement xp, but just for thoroughness what are those set to?
  3. Roguexx Journeyman

Fellowship XP sharing was turned off.
  4. Astral64 Augur

The really big xp bonus comes from the Paragon achievement for doing all of the ToV missions. Several of the general tab ToV achievements give a very large amount of experience.

Complete Kael and you should see a decent bump.
    minimind and svann like this.
  5. Roguexx Journeyman

Correct, Astral.64. My small guild has a hard time with Kael, so we always do the 3 easier tasks for the huge exp bonus from those 3. This ONE toon is having this exp issue. I have no idea why. Gold account, no XP sharing, nothing different. Every other character has gone to 112 or 113 depending on their baseline exp before completing them.
  6. Astral64 Augur

7. Roguexx Journeyman

Oh, and AA exp was set to 0%
  8. Petalonyx Augur

Yeah, that sounds normal or perhaps a little low for exp at 111.

A few things that make Kael easier (assuming mage/bst pet):

Pet tank and debuff the avatar, and keep all melee off him. Perhaps have the pet owner spam pet heals for safety net. Or bring two healers. The rest of the group need only handle adds.

Go slow and steady on Avatar DPS. Turn it off when an add spawns.

Turn pet attack off and remove pet DS when Avatar drops below 70%. DPS Avatar very slowly at 67%.

Keep shield of order refreshed. Casters can eat the DT on failed emotes with decent HP pools.

After the final add (axe that spawns at 65%) dies, prebuff the pet with runes, hots, pet def discs etc. Follow pet who will re-engage Avatar at Phase 2 loc.

Phase 2 can use the same pet tank strategy. Powerful and experienced groups can burn Phase 2 avatar right away. Newbies should take it slow and kill adds.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That's low. You have to have some other problem going on. ALL missions give the same reward for Hero. If you did 3 missions you and were 20% into 111 you should have been closed to about 30% into level 112.

You can click on the achievements and look at them.

HERO Achievements
    19.26% level 115 exp
    level 114 exp
    26.47% level 113 exp
    31.97% level 112 exp
    level 111 exp
    53.85% level 110 exp

PARAGON
    24.77% level 115
    level 114
    34.03% level 113
    41.10% level 112
    level 111
    69.24% level 110

CHAMPION
    16.51% level 115
    level 114
    22.69% level 113
    27.40% level 112
    level 111
    46.16% level 110

It is likely a flat exp amount and those % reflect the difference in exp needed per level (a level 96 I checked that was 52% into level, said one hero mission would take it to 78% into 99, 3.2 levels for ONE). I don't have any alts that are 111 or 114 atm, so can't check those.

Either your notations on what you did is off, or you had aa on and didn't realize it, or you're bugged, or who knows. But that is not normal.
  10. Roguexx Journeyman

All notations are accurate. AA has never been set to anything but 0%. Literally the only thing I can think of is some weird bug occurring. Thanks for the replies, guys!
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Also, make sure to put away any mercenaries when you get to the final step so they don't take some of the xp as merc AA xp.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Mercs are on their own exp pool.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you zone into all 3 zones after completion? I'm sure at least 1 doesn't give achievement exp unless your in zone.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Great divide
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't know. I found when I was claiming the quest rewards for ToV it seemed that a lot of the xp was going to the merc and not me. They would gain several merc AAs every claim and my xp seemed lower than others.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Gaining xp from mobs and quests (including Overseer) has always included mercs getting a share, if you have it up.

But I don't think the xp from the achievments is split that way...I think you get all of it even if a merc is up. I could be wrong as I don't ever remember having a merc up for the progression stuff.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I bet this is it. Credit for 2 missions only would make this about right.
  18. svann Augur

Honestly, I dont think you should get xp for not doing missions.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

When I did the partisans/mercenaries occasionally I had a merc up, and whatever character had it up when the quest was completed got crazy good merc xp (had I realized it at the time I'd have split the group up and had everyone pop their mercs, but it was a little late by the time I realized)
    svann likes this.