Fixed Internally HA scaling in The Broken Mirror on Phinny

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dragari, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Riou EQResource

This has been a thing since CotF when HA's launch, all heroic adventure spells (on the spell side) are supposed to use spell data that scales to max level in zone stuff like the mobs do

Fear and Hate if you are talking about the TBM version use the HA system, the spells used in most/all HA use scaling to highest level in the zone (on the spell side)
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I may have used the wrong phrase when describing it. All of the changed spells had "calculates to current max level" added to them. This change happened on 10-17-19 according to Lucy...so it was before ToV went live, probably in preparation for it.

Up until then, direct damage spells for example, all listed a static max damage and that was it (1. Decrease Hitpoints by X). When that patch hit, a new max damage amount was added...which is when all of the named in the HAs went nuts with the damage.

The scaling should never have been changed in any way.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

Doesn't feel already retuned. Mobs in Hate Revisited have almost twice the HP as TDS HAs.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

The calculate to max level spells are anything with 3000s in the calc field, these have been introduced in the CotF expansion to make HA effects scale to the highest level player in the zone, they are not new to ToV and nothing was changed for ToV in regards to this scaling system.

They were added accidentally to the Drake Fireball spell in RoS, but fixed in ToV when players brought it up.

Lucy/Zam added the "scale" text generically to things that do not scale so I don't know how they decided to apply it, but their parser is bad in general

Hate revisited is a weird mix of raid and group zone that they didn't want to split into 2 during TBM beta so you get this weird stuff with it, based on that they probably have it tuned in between the 2 sides instead of picking 1 or splitting them
  5. Zinth Augur

Except we are in TBM, with max level being 105 on the whole server (Phinny) so the spells should NOT scale up to 110-115 or higher, it should be at the original 153K (which HURTS, but is survivable) not 195k which is more hp than 95% of the people have, think a few of the tanks are around 200k but when everyone else dies instantly around the tank then the tank obviously dies too. Myself on a pally sits around 190k fully juiced, tribute, trophy (1), guildtribute, guildtrophies(multiples), short team hp buff and every single other hp buff at rk3 in a mix of TDS/COTF raid gear (mostly TDS by now) and all augs are mostly up to date, including several of the new ones from TBM, so outside of TBM gear there isn't much more to gain, but it is obviously a nice hp boost... a little more with the PS but forgot numbers...
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

From the patch notes at TOV release, they changed the spell scale. Considering the year before they said they would not make HAs harder than they were at release this was a big turnaround.

I have a dislike for making things harder without increasing the reward.

These changes also effected EoK & GMM HAs, waiting for the complaing for those from TLPs in a few months time. :rolleyes: EoK isn't quite as noticeable as TBM as they had higher stats anyway. GMM difficulty increased a lot, with everything hitting harder and having a shed load more HP.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Natal Augur

Gnomes are not people!!
  8. Natal Augur

That is because they are raid zones with group content, lol.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just in case folks were wondering:

(from the Test Patch notes)

- Heroic adventures from Call of the Forsaken, The Darkened Sea, The Broken Mirror, and Empires of Kunark have been reverted to use the spell scaling data from when those expansions launched.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The spell scaling data was just a part of it. Some NPCs in HAs also have ridiculous amounts of health compared to other NPCs in the expansion.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Skuz like this.
  11. Tiane Journeyman

So the job is only half done, after a month of waiting... with an outside chance of it being finished just in time for Phinny to be done with the expansion pack (but no promises.)

It takes this long just to undo the stupid decision you made originally? Yeesh.

That's some top quality service! ...
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

13. Velisaris_MS Augur

We told them. We told them this was a dumb as f**k idea.

We told them that taking a 6 year old expansion capped at 100 and increasing the difficulty to 110 level difficulty was moronic.

We told them that people playing through the expansions in order (you know, like TLP servers?) would find it almost impossible to complete a lot of this stuff in era.

We told them all of this and it was met with silence. So...working as intended, I guess?
    Skuz, I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Yinla like this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't even know how many posts I've created about the HA scaling being a moronic move. It's got to be 50 or more.

Under no circumstance, should a HA be made more difficult than it was when it first released. Any move to justify it is simply wrong.

Please stop making content more difficult than the era it was released in. Please. Stop. This.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You know why they did it right? Because they hate people blowing up old content for faster exp than doing current content. So they tried to make it harder for higher level people....
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That is not a valid reason to take the risk v reward equation and throw it out the window.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't think anyone is leveling from 110 to 115 doing Gribble HAs.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But that doesn't help those who couldn't do the content at original level and level up to complete.

Rewards for doing old content should be reduced instead of making
    content harder.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If they did that then that means their current content doesn't offer the right reward level.

Altering old content to fix a problem with the current content is a backwards way of thinking.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Ask people about moles....

And for those responding, I didn't justify it, I just said I'm of the opinion that is why they did it.

Moles was one. Fear of what was going to happen with level 115 and GMM missions probably a catalyst.