Not A Bug Trade skill trophies evolution delayed or doesn't evolve

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Duvaren, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Duvaren New Member

Hi,
    My Master Brewer trophy will not evolve. It is 'stuck' at 7% (trophy level 6/7)
    My character's brewing skill is at 320. The recipe I am trying to skill up on has a trivial of 328. (My character's skill of 320 is WITHOUT the trophy equipped.)
    I also made sure that the correct evolving trophy was equipped.
    I performed 54 combines with this non-trivial recipe and the trophy skilled up 0%. (Should have been 1% per 11 successful combines.)
    I have had desync happen when I tried to skill up my jewelcrafting trophy. By this, I mean it was delayed by a significant amount of time. However, this time there does not seem to be any progress even after waiting quite a while. (20min)

I did submit a petition about this issue. A GM contacted me soon afterward and informed me that it is a known issue and had been submitted to the QA and Development Teams for review.

The GM suggested that I create a thread in the Bug Reports forum ( ;) ) so that players who are similarly affected can give feedback.

- Duvaren Starwind of The Rathe
    Tarithia likes this.
  2. theonepercent Augur

What recipe are you trying to do? Not every recipe can skill up a trophy.

edit: just checked, the only 328 trivial recipe is Spiced Sewer Ale which is a quest recipe used in Coldain Shawl 3. That recipe and I believe any other shawl 3.0 recipe won't give trophy experience.
    Skuz and svann like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I did Nighttime Spirits to get the last level on my trophy. It has a triv of 475 and requires 2xDream Dust as the dropped component of the recipe (the rest is store bought), so I know that recipe counts for skilling up the trophy.
  4. Duvaren New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try a different recipe.
  5. Duvaren New Member

Switching to a different recipe did the trick. Thanks.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Gratz. Maxing out those trophies seriously sucks. :D
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you did the shawl 3 I found that the Merchant alliance recipes were amazing for that final tier of trophy evolution, and the components drop fairly often (except fresh meat which seems to be far rarer).
    svann and minimind like this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Looks like "Not a Bug" :)
  9. Natal Augur

Some might say gnomes ARE bugs! :)
  10. theonepercent Augur

Or is it? Is there an actual reason for these recipes to not give skill ups?
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good question, some quests do use regular trade-skilled items that return trophy evolution XP & there are numerous tradeskill items that also get tagged as quest items.

I guess the distinction is if the quest is the only source for some of the parts or if the resulting item is No-Trade that then you shouldn't get Trophy evolution from it as it isn't a true trade-skill item made from gathered items (drops forages & store bought) or one that you would expect to be able to sell to others.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is working as intended.
    Skuz likes this.