Test Update 07/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Gynek Lorekeeper

Wait... That Tassel's Tavern painting ports you to OLD FREEPORT?!?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Cindayen Elder

From test patch, The dreamweavers in Feerrott2 The Dream, the lava burst spell they use when they die is scaling to level and at 115 i'm close to being 1 shotted by it. I was under the impression that scaling was only for HA's. How is this going to work for the heroic toons/level 85 players doing their j5 merc quest? It will kill them. I've also seen some saying that in HA's From TBM mobs are hitting them for 330k at 115? This isn't good and needs to be fixed.
  3. Riou EQResource

Scaling is based on the Spell data for the most part and not necessarily the "content" (such as the Drake Fireball in RoS Skyfire bug at Level 115)

Based on the Patch note about it being tuned for expansion appropriate, wonder if it is also checking scaling by expansion or something ("HoT" wouldn't be in any of those listed so maybe it does weird stuff or the scaling is just that extreme)
  4. Faidaen Lorekeeper

I've met some pretty decent individuals coming from Aradune when they couldn't log in, then I've met those who just loath boxers, and complain 24/7. The Aradune population want to play on a server rule set just like that. Make another server so they can be happy and not make the Rizlona environment toxic, as some of the refugees have been trying to. I understand the costs, but make it happen do what's right by your player base. You announced a server, it didn't work because of how popular it is, so make another one!

Cheers!
    Corpsewake likes this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This pass is only spells as they seem to cause MORE issues than HP and melee damage.
    Dythan likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

we are dropping plenty now.

We believe
    so he duplicated the old scaling on another set of Level Mods. Then, set the spells from a chunk of expansions to use that mod.
    The scale uses the NPC level as a lookup into a table to decide how much to multiply the spell effect.
  7. Cindayen Elder

I almost got 1 shotted by the AE the dreamweavers set off at death, im 115 and 260k hp mage.
  8. Cindayen Elder

If this is the case, heroic characters will get killed every time they kill the dreamweavers? thats ok?
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This says specifically spell scaling. Did this also fix the melee and health stats of the NPCs within these instances?

Some of these instances seem to be using templates from expansions past TBM on Phinigel, resulting in much higher max hits and HP values on the mobs than it should have.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I missed that post, thanks! Well sounds like some missions will continue to be absurdly hard compared to others.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The next pass we plan, not in this patch, is to lower levels on the NPC's that are too high. While they still may be "more difficult" it will mitigate the difference. The 5 level difference is really strong, while a 3 level difference, is not as extreme.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I asume that will also mean they will give less exp.
  14. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

May I ask a Dev (or even hear from the Dev we beta tested this raid with) as to WHY these changes are needed at this LATE date? As is, the current event is by no means trivial but doable.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, as lower level NPC's, yes, since level is part of the XP calculation. I don't plan to alter the completion bonus.
  16. Numiko Augur

That's to bad that HA mobs wont be detuned too, Yellow con mobs have 2 to 3X the HPs of White and Blue cons, Red cons and named in those just eat any group that is not fully raid geared ..

forget even trying to kill named in HA's with non raid geared players and mercs.

maybe by next patch .. but by then the expansion will be over on phinny anyhow. :(
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All these messy HA changes could have been avoided with a little forethought. I know hindsight is 20/20 but a lot of this stuff it was easy to predict that it would cause big problems down the line.

Next time ya'll decide to try a "moving the goalposts" exercise you should seriously consider getting some constructive player feedback up front, this was a dumb idea from the start.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was predicted by live players, witnessed by live players, but it takes TLPs to have an issue to get things like this reversed. :rolleyes:

Guess players behind the curve on live servers don't count.
    Barton, Bidaum_TR, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  19. Cadira Augur

Targeting the golems is dumb, it's a great fix that will prevent your raid, or main tank from dying on the last dude, no?

Good question on the second point, not sure what was wrong with that mechanic other than it being kind of awkwardly executed.

On the last change...what, you no longer want to be able to drag the last two bosses downstairs, completely avoiding the tentacles and witch mechanic, completely trivializing the entire encounter and ensuring all achievements are acquired each time you do the event?

Yeah, that doesn't need a fix at all.
  20. Marton Augur

They are in chests, I know, but people have a lot of currency and it would be great to have an option to spend it!
    Hellowhatsyourname and Yinla like this.