What playing on Rizlona really means

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fluid, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Fluid Augur

I'm not going to say the same mischief that goes happens on other servers doesn't go on. I just want to make the point that the positives for me outweigh the negatives and of the TLP servers I've played, Rizlona is by far my favorite.

Yes, I use one account to help level another. I like running multiple accounts with a main on each one and they drag the alternates on the other account up with them. It leads to another dimension in game play where you have for instance, a Wizard for ports and a Shaman for SoW on one account and a Druid for ports and SoW on the other.

I'm also not a big trade skill kind of person. One Enchanter for jewelry is plenty. Not being forced to truebox means I just start another instance of EQ and hand the items over rather then jumping through hoops like starting the instance on a 2nd computer or dropping the items on the ground or using parcels. Easy peazy. Doing other work arounds seems like stone knives and bear skins in comparison.

So yes, I'll have a high level character doing buffs on a lower character. So what? On Rizlona I estimate that half the people doing this just toss buffs on other peoples' characters while they are at it. This is one of my favorite things about the server. Play truebox and everyone is in competition to the point where they don't have the time. On Rizlona we are there because that is the type of game we like to play. It has led to a target rich environment of free buffs.

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, thinks they can run a box better then a group of real players. I drop MY boxes to get a real player. Even people with five boxes have invited me to play in their group. Heck, they have the room and prefer having someone with full focus.

There are a few of what I would call penny pinching money grubbers. The RMT types who don't do anything for nothing. They will wipe before they let someone in their group that could save their bacon just because that is the type of person they are. I've found them to be few and far between compared to other TLP servers. As has been pointed out, if you have a couple of boxes you can get just about anything in the game and even if you don't, just join a guild and count on the RNG.

It has also lead me to some stupid simple game play styles that I have never tried 1) Because my characters on live servers are to high 2) Truebox and I hate setting up a second computer. Nothing quite like setting up a high level character on one account and a level Selos<5> Bard on the second. Just put in auto follow and you have it made. Took me twenty years before I tried this and I see why other people have been doing this for years. I still prefer SoW, but you are talking quite a few extra levels compared to the Bard.
    Urshulgi, Vinlail, Zithax and 2 others like this.
  2. Kabshaak Journeyman

I'm having a blast on Rizlona since day 1. I have lots of plans for my planned 6 box group, but I'm taking it slow and spent the first month as a solo druid, and now in the second month I made enchanter and cleric alt. Almost got everyone to 25 and been working on tradeskills for mostly the first time.

I probably won't be adding in more characters for a while, but my intent is to have them prepared to combat the normal population die-off after the level 65 era and I'm really glad Rizlona allows that flexibility.

This is my first time paying for EQ in years as I've mostly been free to play. Money well spent!
    Basalisk, Urshulgi and Darcewin like this.
  3. Darcewin Journeyman

This is exactly what should be happening, the whole negativity on transfers etc from Aradune jsut feeds toxicity in the community. just find what you like and roll with it, Enjoy the freaking game. I too am having fun on Rizlona but now i am excited to bring my druid from Aradune to it next week. that is a positive thing imo. oh and i also brought a couple of friends to Rizlona who are enjoying the server as well.
    Basalisk and Vinlail like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Cloudous, wrod, Newbie32 and 5 others like this.
  5. Lanffear Filthy Boxer

Why are these apologetic and "please like my server" posts being made about Rizlona? If Aradune guys want to move to Rizlona, they will. If they don't, they won't.
    Cloudous, Vaxpo, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  6. Protagonist Tank

Look at any of the other threads about it - they're desperate for someone, anyone, to sell them krono so they can fund their botnet.
  7. Fluid Augur

Do a count of the negative, speculative, and outright wrong posts vs the positive posts and see what you come up with. I wouldn't be surprised if it is 50:1 negative. This is one of those ~tell a lie often enough and eventually people will believe it. This has been going on since a non truebox TLP server was first proposed. People started trashing the proposal even before the server became a reality. Now that the server is out and the naysayers have been proven wrong, they refuse to let it go.

I mean sheesh! Snide remark in this thread insinuating the people with positive experiences posts are RMT. People just can't let it go. If you like Aradune, continue playing there, I don't care. If people want to look around Rizlona, go ahead. This hysterical trashing other peoples' choice of servers for no reason other then you predicted Rizlona would be a bad experience is counter productive.

There are fewer positive posts about Rizlona then there are negative post i.e. I quit, I want my money back, DP is incompetant, ... about Aradune. This is not good for the continued health of the game. It's an odd mindset when people are having a problem on Aradune, posts popup about how bad Rizlona must be so there is no escape so don't even think about leaving. I think it is an interweb thing: If you don't have something negative to say, don't say anything.
  8. Sinzz_bb New Member

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, thinks they can run a box better then a group of real players. I drop MY boxes to get a real player. Even people with five boxes have invited me to play in their group. Heck, they have the room and prefer having someone with full focus. ,
    hahaha ,My boxes dont afk every 5 minutes to play lol or the other game they are focusing on or other boxes in other zones they are playing on ....
  9. Tucoh Augur

I thought about this statement earlier today (from Fluid) and the idea of 6boxing in classic and comparing my performance with a random group. I think I'd run the same group that Zaide ran in his recent 1-50 marathon (took around 26 hours iirc): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/671715806 and use cle/enc/4xmage. It'd be almost identical to what I did on live, but would be way simpler because of how simplistic the game is and how powerful mages are.

With that group classic is so easy I can't imagine being outclassed by any PUG group. You'd need to have tight coordination like Zaide's group to get there, and even then I'd be mostly because they can simultaneously buy spells / change gear / config UIs where as it takes forever to organize that stuff when you're 6boxing (one big reason why level increase expansions are so laborious).
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Lanffear Filthy Boxer

I guess you are taking this more personally than I am. I play on Rizlona, I find it enjoyable. That's enough for me and I don't care much what others on the forums or Discord say about it.
    Cloudous, Urshulgi and KimchiGoddess like this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Make a level 1 Ogre Run over to Hill Giants. That will show anyone that wants to know what Rizlona is about.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

You honestly feel like using the parcels is jumping through hoops? Unless my alt was already sitting right next to me using the parcel would be a hell of a lot easier than than having to fire up the other account wait for it to log in, and then constantly alt tab to do the trade; especially if you are trading more than 8 items.Hell firing up the account on my second computer would be a lot quicker and easier than doing it all on one.
    Bailen likes this.
  13. Newbie32 Deadbolt - Yelinak

The amount of horribad people I end up grouping with still amazes me...The game has been out 20 years. The group game is not hard.
  14. Lejaun Augur

But the amount of people who think they are utterly amazing never ceases to increase.
  15. Machen New Member

I agree fully with this. In fact I just ran over on my warrior. Right now there are four groups of ~six characters each on the hill, but no automated pulling. I found a hill giant up (there were several roaming when I got there), attacked it, and meleed it down slowly (I'm a warrior.) No one tried to dps race me or pull it off me, and I was fighting right on the hill. Half way through killing the first one a second spawned on me, several group pullers came by and saw it was aggrod on me and left it alone. No mage armies swooped down to sic their pets or nuke my mobs down. Killed both mobs without any issue, and a third one a minute later without anyone contesting it too. This has been similar to my experience the 4-5 other times i've been out to Hill Giants on Rizlona. By far it's the most peaceful Rathe mountain experience I've seen on any TLP, and ironically the least automated.

But of course you'll ignore this too because it doesn't fit with your perceived narrative.
    Urshulgi, Fluid, Zithax and 2 others like this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

and probably 0 picks also even though some people would like you to believe there is 1000 picks all fully automated
    Urshulgi likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

Yep, although we are close to spawning one because a bunch of people are here for hasten too right now...

Now have killed 10 hill giants with no one trying to ks me or pull off me.
    Urshulgi likes this.
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

People don't want to believe you and really let's stop giving them reasons to transfer or there'll be no hill giants to kill ;p
    Urshulgi and Machen like this.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Are you claiming Truebox servers don't have bots at hill giants in classic?
  20. Machen New Member

Make a level 1 Ogre run over to hill giants on Aradune. Then form your own conclusion.