Any chances that we'll get more old world hunters? (GoD to SoF)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranonman, May 7, 2018.

1. Froglok Augur

If you have been playing long enough, stuff like this adds a bit of fun, nostalgia and "something to do" to the game.

Also, a little player-cooperation goes a long way.

They did make it so the Hunter Kills give credit across the entire group / raid -- no matter what zone a toon happens to be in. This makes it SO much easier and SO much faster.

For instance, form a raid and you go hit one zone, another person goes to another zone and so forth for as many who want to do the "Hunter raid" with you. Suddenly, Hunter kills are being credited for multiple zones, at the same time.

They could also, perhaps, do one-time achievement checks for any No Trade items that can only be looted from specific hunter MOB's. If you have the item, your box gets checked right away (for that Hunter MOB).
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm ready.
    Andarriel and Orbital101 like this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

I thought the extra heroic AA's started in RoF expansion .. ?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5. Zarzac Augur

I can respect you have a different opinion.

However, I've been playing from 2000. I understand how the credit system for hunter works. Despite that, sitting around for hours waiting for 10-15 year old mobs to spawn, so I can one shot them, is just not something I personally would consider in any way "fun".

Like others have said, once it goes in it will likely get added to some chase item or something you "need" to do from a power perspective later.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

well, i mean you guys went ahead and said that even having raids available at expansion launch would be REQUIRING that we raid over the holidays.... so i can see the logic here....
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I may have been confusing it with the... coldain prayer shawl?
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Bottle neck would be vaniki could you imagine lol. Rewards for finishing up a whole expansion of hunters would be nice for the expansions were there is no reward. Cant wait for them to add more hunters as i enjoy doing them.

Andarriel
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Do you have a twitch channel showing your character waiting? : )
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

PoP Hunter was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed contesting with AFK botters sitting on spawns that die in one swing. It was especially great when they set them up then went on vacation, just to be sure they'd have killed it 20 times by the time they got back.