Not A Bug Mage Pet Focus Items not working in Classic TLP

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zobac, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Zobac New Member

The classic quest items like:
    These items do not seem to make any disceranble change to pets. They do not show a message stating that they have activated when equipped or in inventory. These are supposed to work in Classic.
    Please fix as soon as possible.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Pet focus items don't emote when you summon the pets and the classic ones are hard to tell if they are working since the upgrade is so minimal. Check here
    https://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4192
    it may not be fully accurate but will give you an idea of what the difference is between focused and unfocused classic pets (usually just very minimal max dmg increase or a bit more hp). It's not until the vex thal gloves and better than you start really noticing.
    Barton and Cragzop like this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

From the comment, this sounds like. Not a Bug.
  4. Zobac New Member

I'm pretty sure it's a bug as I see no discernible difference in damage after summoning with the pet item in my inventory or equipped. By looking at logs, my pets do the same amount of damage.

I can also say that on Mangler in classic and Coirnav in classic I saw a difference.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So where isn't it working? You said initially it wasn't working on TLP servers and now you say it is.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

The table of pet stats is at best a guess for that time period, and only applicable to live servers. As MOTM was applied to raid mobs because of power creep, pets have also progressively been tuned down in various passes to balance them vs the "Classic" experience (no mages going HAM over a whole zone). You are probably seeing the effect of this.
  7. Cindayen Elder

I don't remember them ever emoting on pet summon, about the only way you'll notice is pet size and damage output.
  8. Zansobar Augur

I believe they emote on P99. However, I think the low level summon items do not increase the pet's damage, only the HP and AC. The Staves of XXX Mastery focus items do increase the melee damage by 2 and raise the level of the summoned pet by 1 level.
  9. Zobac New Member

Reading is fundamental. I said i saw a difference in damage output in parses and the level of the pet changed when using the pet focus items on Coirnav and Mangler when they were in Classic... They do not currently on Aradune in Classic.

I will try to get some hard parsing data together to show and prove what I'm saying.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Where? You posted the quote below, no where does that say Aradune, your title says TLP servers Then you sudenly say its not working on Aradune, it is easy to get confused when you are unclear with your intial post what your issue is.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

You may be right, but I don't think so. If you reference the post I linked it was created in Oct 2017 which was when Agnarr was in Kunark and about 5 months before Coirnav launched. It shows the pets do not gain levels or damage output from the broom/shovel/torch/stein and only gain a marginal amount of hp. You could test this out right now on Aradune if you have a box/friend duel you and hit your pet with a spell, note how much dmg it does and what his hp drops to then dismiss and resummon with focus and repeat. Should be able to see if the focus is doing anything if you see an increase in hp.

I hope you find what you are looking for in your logs but I believe they are "working as intended"
  12. gwf2000 New Member

I'm seeing same issue, with Broom focus, tried about 50x Air pet and never got one +1 level or higher damage +2 appears to be broken, can you please fix or improve this focus quest item.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

Those linked focuses don't raise the pets level. Never did. The "Staff of Elemental Mastery: Whatever" ones will, but not those SolRo ones.