Run Multiple accounts from 1 machine. The setup, how?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by eq_fan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

ISB does a lot of things. Some of them are questionable. Launching multiple instances of EQ, putting them in the correct places on your screen and preventing the resize bugs are not questionable. It is the best way to manage multiple accounts.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Name one
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Finchy like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am interested in this response as well.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's been 6 days. Guess he's got nothing ;)
  5. Khadgars123 New Member

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but every time I run the launcher after I already have one instance open, it just goes to the open instance I already have and doesn't create a new one. I've been unable to two box thus far. What am I doing wrong?
  6. Raidarr Journeyman

I can run 8 accounts on one computer no problem.
    I load the accounts one at a time.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you relaunching a new session from the original icon and then choosing the other account and the top or typing in the other account name?

Some of us run many icons on the desktop to make it easier. They all will show all the accounts but it just helps line them out. To make another icon I just download it again - only take a few minutes cause its already mostly there.
  8. Khadgars123 New Member

Thanks for your reply. So I double click my desktop shortcut and login into my first account like normal (all the way to char select screen). I then double click shortcut again, and instead of creating a new window it just bring up my window that I already had open. There is never a chance to login into another account since only one window of EQ it seems, is allowed to be open.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok, I would just make a second icon. Right click the current EQ icon on desktop. Select Create a short cut.

Make sure you log all the way into the game on the first one like into the lobby or where ever your character is. I think some people who suggest only logging into character select are running programs that help them multi box.

Then get back to desktop and click the second icon.

Let us know how that works
  11. Khadgars123 New Member

Figured it out. I was running EQ through Steam client, which only allows one instance of the game to be running. I deleted that and installed directly from Daybreak website, able to two box no problem ;p
    Shanarias and Nennius like this.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

I can't. I personally have no concerns about people using ISB. I only worded it like that because ISB has been the subject of much debate on these forums, so it was a passive way of encouraging the OP to do their own research. I don't know of anything ISB does that is bannable and nothing it does that I know of offends me.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Your indifference offends me!! :p