Dead broke on Bristlebane.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SleezerGeezer, Jul 7, 2020.

1. SleezerGeezer Elder

Level 85 Mage, too broke to even keep up with all my spells, let alone T1 armor. I honestly don't know how players make enough plat to maintain their characters. Barter helps a little bit, but not enough. I will admit to leveling fast but I see others level fast and still have enough for spells. Any suggestions on how to make cash in game would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Duder Augur

Spend some time farming rarer TS mats. At 85 I would say maybe acrylia and windstones? (grimling forest) Have an offline trader loaded with the stuff when you log off every time. Some other things I can think of:

LDoN foraged/dropped goods for making tempers, plus a fair bit of other stuff from ldon, all can be foraged.
    Girplan feathers (Korafax)
    Dragon Wing Bones and Dragon Fin Spikes (Kill the named quest dragons in Field of Scale, yer too low for them)
    Dragorn Wing Bones - OOW Dragorns, maybe DoDH too?
    Omens of War "chase" gems - They drop randomly from anything, have no stats but can be used to learn jewelcraft recipes. Folks tend to overprice these in the bazaar but people buy them for a good amount.
    Sunshard Ore, Pebbles, and Dust - Global drop from lower level stuff, the more mobs you can slaughter the better, planes of power is good, TSS, im sure many others. Wherever you can slaughter like mad. Usually the zones or level range drop just 1 type. So kill for a while until you see which one drops, if thats the type you want to farm then go nuts ;)
    Spiderling Silks maybe - from low level spiderlings

Tradeskill materials generally sell well altough in can take some time if you dont have a variety. Try and keep all 100 bag slots of your trader with 100 different items to sell.
    Bigstomp, Nennius and Dibab like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

On Bristlebane collectibles do pretty well in the bazaar, and they don't have to be the ones from the latest expansion. You can (I have) make millions selling collectibles.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

And if you have a Raw-Hide Gorget I am paying 2k for it on BB. :)
    Celephane and Deux like this.
  5. Zamiam Augur

not sure on your server as I do not play on BB, however this is just a few of the things I do to make some pp ..

some of this is reliant on prices on your server .. some servers these items i'll list sell for a lot and others no so much ..
    I also have 12 accounts most are F2P but while they are F2P they still acrue loyalty points ..
    I have a set of gold ticket items think there are 6 or 7 items not including the mask and mount .. the only ones that are not sellable are the mask and mount unless your on FV .. then they can all be sold ..

Sell Gold tickets .. Ive been able to sell gold tickets on different servers from as little as 20k to as much as 100k per ticket .. check baz prices if you dont see any put one up on trader and see if it will sell for 75 to 100k .. if not after few days drop price to 50k.

If your a gold all access player .. Bags of plat off of loyalty vender will net you about 12 to 17k pp per bag .. although I feel gold tickets will net you more

check prices on AoN's .. Amulet of Necropetence (sp?) skellie illusion ..ive gotten some good deals by buying them for as little as 50k and turning around and selling them for 200k. Sure it might take a few days even a week but they do sell ..

Krono's people sell kronos all day long for 2.3 to 3m pp in general chat , however if you set up a buyer and ask to buy one for 1.8m or 2m while your sleeping :p I cant tell you how many krono's ive purchased thru buyer for 2m or lower then turn around and sell 1 or 2 for 2.3 to 3m .. Remember krono's are account based not server based .. so if you go to a server where krono's are cheapest then sell them on a server that they sell for the most expensive or where you can get the most pp out of them , which is hopefully your main server..

My main server is Bertox , however I funded my other toons on different servers by buying krono's on Bertox then selling them on another server to fund my alt toons..

as was stated above Farm TS mats .. some items sell really good .. I sat in north or west Karana for days if not weeks farming lion pelts for the ranger made quiver .. sold about 10 pelts between 50 to 100k each .. if someone lowballed me by enough I would by his pelt and just sell it at my price .. I bought a few for 25k and sold for 50 still made a 25k profit on those .. remember any profit is a profit ..

good ole fashion farming by killing mobs and selling the gems and misc crap .. old seb is really good for gems .. if you want xp and loot .. gribbles is good for blue diamonds and diamonds ..

On every server I make a GM tailor for 2 reasons .. 1. I can make my own bags from tradeskill satchels to tailored 20 slot bags .. 2.. I can sell said bags on trader.. TS bags sell for 5 to 15k each and 20 slot bags sell for 15 to 45k each depending on server.. and now with Overseer (which is why the bags have come down in price alot) mats are not an issue ..

There is always a way to make pp .. even if it takes awhile like farming gems and selling everything you loot .. Heck I remember as a druid back before pop offering ports for donation :p and people used to offer buffs for donation .. now they are freely givin however I still see on occasion peeps asking for high lvl buffs for their group or mercs for a hefty donation ..

I would like to help you if i could , but I do not play on bristle .. if you ever switch to Bertox let me know ..
  6. svann Augur

Instead of barter, try setting up a trader alt. Parcel your stuff to him and log him in whenever you are logged out. You can make more money with /trader than with /barter
    edit: you do need a paying account for that though.
    Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Offering those kind of prices is why the OP is broke. Throw some plat around!

Most folks struggling to make cash forget that most of the quests have monetary rewards, like the daily Teek tasks. A quest may not be worth much xp, but cash is cash. Find some easy ones to repeat and doing them once per play session will start to fill your bank account.

Unfortunately, if you are struggling with cash now ... it doesn't really get much better as you gain levels. Spell prices keeping going up. In fact, a lot of times it can be cheaper to buy rank 2 things to use for spells than buying the rank 1s separately on the spell vendor (especially since you at most need 6 per level and some classes have over 10 spells to buy at a given level).
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

He doesn't have to stay broke. Bristlebane is a server with lots of folks with plat. to burn. If he had had the Gorget to sell I would have gladly given him plat. for it. As it happens, I looted one. Took a couple of hours to get one to drop. Grrr

Lots of folks on BB will pay well for stuff. Honest.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

Buy a krono with irl money and sell it in game for plat
  10. Zamiam Augur

there is no reason to spend IRL money to buy a krono .. unless you have money to spend .. otherwise if you want to keep it F2P and buy krono in game its feasible and easily obtainable thru selling and farming in game .. doesnt take long to make 2m pp .. few days to a week tops ..
  11. ptah Augur

ok lets assume your free to play, and your bankroll is zero, like 00.00.

Start off in pok, use the books for travel, Head to streamfront, Your headed towards SoF content is targeted to levels 70 to 75.

Either Fort mech zone or Gyro Beza, the choice is yours. There is vender npc in FM that you can sell to, as your killing robot style clockworks. Some of drops vender for 17p to couple hundred and most of its stacks. A few things will barter ok, but i would review what price vs selling it yourself is.

Rate of return is will vary from a few thousand to 50k 75k an hour. The key to this is activity. Maybe you get small AA rewards but xp is pretty low to none. AA is possible on rooftop. Few side quests for clickie portal, DA, root etc. Study up.

Overseer is an option I think if you sell off TS rewards if that is possible, i dont use THIS just assume its a route. Example Befout silk sells for 2k a unit on my server.

If the goal to sub in and run gold, lets breakdown some basic math.
    If we assume a krono is 2M. And you want some walk around PP for spells, maybe some armor as you level. The monthly goal would be like 3M. So you need figure out what works for you at rate of 100k each day. I would go deeper and break down to hourly goal, and maybe somedays are heavy use and others days are min log ins.

OP is 100% ok to remain FTP and take your time grind up a bankroll to sub in. You gain more power subbing is thus rate of your grind improve as you sub. But the choice is yours.

Eq is often a time based equation. If you have all time in world you can get peak pricing, if dont have time you pay out of boots, and request I want it now, pricing. Its ok to sell off to barter at times to get that PP. If your playing the long game and learn market you make more self selling. But your subject the buyers market in both cases.

Just set goals, if zero is number, try grind out 1k that day. Maybe hit 2K a few times and 10K that week is possible. Before ya know it you got 100K. Learning to NOT spend it as fast or faster than earning is stepping stone of EQ. We all know that one raid toon that never has 100k to his or her name.

As you grow in Player Strength other zones and drops can offering greater time vs effort vs risk rewards. Grind is fun part and keep having fun. Set them goals and one line out as go. Help others and maybe you will find that network of veteran players that help you.

Enjoy, be safe, and play for fun.
  12. bortage spammin lifetaps

Run around RoF zones while invis picking up shinies, bazaar them, TBM zones are good too but you might need IVU
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Kill low level names in TSS and DoN. It is not going to make you rich but the loot is vendor trash for 50 - 300pp a piece
  14. Darafel Journeyman

Whats the deal with raw hide gorgets? Isn't that just low level vendor trash? (Been away for a while so pardon my ignorance)
  15. Password1234 Augur

I know they're used to get the tailoring trophies and are kind of a pain to get when you're looking for that specific item, don't know if there's another use for them.
  16. Febb Augur

Bags of Plat on the loyalty vendor.
    svann likes this.
  17. Coagagin Guild house cat

For old fashioned diamonds and blue diamonds 'The Grounds' is hard to beat and at your level too! Dragonscale Hills is a level or two under your level but still easy on a pocket book with several vendors in zone to sell, pick up some kill quests, etc.

- Coag
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

This.

Pick a zone in the SoF expansion and kill clockwork mobs. They also drop a ton of rk.2 spells that can sell for 200-400 plat each.

Once you set your autoloot filters to what you can and can't sell, you won't be broke for long.
    Broozer likes this.
  19. Broozer Augur

Also if I remember correctly, the clockworks are considered summoned creatures for the sake of mage summoned creature nukes, right?
  20. Xerzist Augur

Step 1. Turn your 85 into a shrouded rogue in PoK.
    Step 2. Turn on SoS, run through all ToV zone dungeons (the difficult ones nobody wants to crawl), and collect collectibles. Tip: Some named will see you, so be careful.
    Step 3. Put them all up on bazaar and watch prices daily. Last time I did this I made enough for two kronos. Was it worth it? Hell, as a new player... probably. If you have a fat wallet though - maybe not.
    Nennius likes this.