Raid Leader Board

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

It would be interesting if DB created a raid leader board. Could rank it by first guild to get the kill and then fastest kill. Give those high end raiding guilds something they can brag about and a reason to keep doing the same raids over and over to get as fast as possible.

It would also show real data on how many active guilds there are completing the current content instead of relying on folks posting wins to an external site.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Fanra, Febb, Leex and 4 others like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

One of the problems with any raid leader board is it can't take into account a raid guilds schedule and would give an advantage to guilds who either normally raid near content launch time or those that adjust their schedule for when content opens.
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

if you just want to show how active each guild is, then an official raid leader-board could work. They had that for the original TLP I think...

If it is about "the race", then the concept is already flawed, as raid-schedules and timezones will muddle the result...
    Jordis likes this.
  5. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Elitegamerlounge list 48 guilds. It should get cleaned again, I counted like 13 guilds that are not raiding anymore (for guilds that haven't updated in ToV, I clicked on the website to see their latest update time) or are TLP guild which is irrelevant until they reach Live if they ever did.
    So a pool of 35 guilds.

To get a more accurate picture of which tier these guild belong, you need to take into account Mearatas ranking.

High tier : 1st to 10th (the 11th guild beats it 3 month after the 10th the gap has been created there)

Middle tier : 11th to the number of guilds able to beat Mearatas before next expansion after ToV launches or close to beat it, actually through 19th, maybe to the 22th guild if we include guilds close to beat it when new expansion launches.

Low tier : 23rd to 35th : made mainly of guilds that have finished clearing most of ToV, with TOFS raid left to beat, or have cleared all of ToV after the 4 months mark since T1 raid went live.

If you have 0 ToV kill right now, you are not in a raiding guild, so out of the charts. Casual / family guild.

Inside each tier, you could also divide further.

For example, inside high tier guilds, you can argue 1st is an elite high tier guild (for information before people rush on me I'm not in RoI but their superiority in DPS over other guilds is just significant),
    2th to 5th is in the upper high tier chart, took 1,5 to 3 months to beat Mera after 1st,
    6th to 10th in the lower high tier chart, took 4 to 5 months to beat Mera after 1st

Inside mid tier guilds, 11th and 12th are elite mid tier guilds, they have beaten Mera before ToV launches
    13th to 17th is in the upper mid tier chart, they have beaten Mera in the 6 month timeframe after ToV launched.
    18th to 22th is in the lower mid tier chart, made of guilds who will beat Mera after the 6 months timeframe or close to beat it.
  6. Ibudin Augur

For live servers _ Mearatas is the true ranking mechanism.
    If you beat it before July 2019, your elite of the elite, Gold Olympic Champions.
    If you beat it before TOV release - super stars
    If you beat it after level increase and some TOV raids beat - rank: excellent
    If you beat it after you've farmed TOV, assuming a lot geared, 5 higher levels - rank good
    If you haven't beat Mearatas and are able to beat TOV - rank average at best
    Funky and Coagagin like this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

cant you just look on these forums ? raid guilds always post when they have beaten the expansion
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I kinda would like them to implement an LDoN style leader board for raids.

For each ToV raid it could track a variety of stats:
    • Total number of times your guild has defeated the event
    • Total number of Conquest achievements your guild has obtained from the event
    • Fastest time to complete the event from request-defeat
    • Fewest number of characters in the instance (track from request-defeat and use maximum number in that timeperiod)
    Would be interesting to see the fewest number of characters people could use or the fastest guilds to defeat the event themselves, rather than the current "who can log on mid-day and do raids on lockouts" race.

But I know this would be a waste of time and resources, I'd much rather see them expand Overseer or re-implement EQPlayers.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would be much better to track from event start to event end as you would penalize a guild that can get a quick kill but takes longer to start the events after getting it. Not to mention for zones with multiple events you are adding on time from previous events, loot and possible trash clearing as well to the time to beat it.

As for total times a guild has beaten an event I don't think that matters after a few times as some events can get dropped from a raid schedule earlier than others due to a variety of factors. And for the fewest of number of characters that seems to just encourage raids to have people sit out so they can get a better number which doesn't make any sense to me. Sure you may be able to beat a raid with 36 players but that doesn't sound very exciting for the 18 players who are sitting out for it.
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Bring back EQ Rankings!! For those that don't know SOE used to have a site that was sort of like Magelo but they got rid of it for some reason. Would absolutely love this...there are so many revenue opportunities for Daybreak with this game I don't understand why they don't try and offer some value features that many of us would pay for.
  11. Tasi New Member

You all want the devs to spend time to develop some kind of system that has zero effect on the game itself? How about the devs never consider this idea and spend time and resources creating actual content.

This is far and away the stupidest idea I've ever heard from this community.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

13. Barton The Mischievous

Man have you missed some ideas............

Vitrol aside, I kind of have to agree that I would prefer that the Eq Team work on a ton of other stuff before this was ever even put on the list
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I'd much rather have an extra 3 raids than a raid leader board.
    Fanra and Yinla like this.
  15. Bederper Journeyman

And at end of the ToV expac, the difference between average and gold medal Olympian’s raiders’ magelo profiles is precisely zero (rallos ear final rank notwithstanding)

The difference between the ranks is the players themselves, individually and collectively.

Do we need a leader board for that? First to Vanquisher is probably a better measure
  16. ptah Augur

More content would nice, and maybe if not more, sometime i cant sleep thru?

But the reason question here is? Do raid for people you know? Or do you raid to impress those you dont know?
  17. Windance Augur

I agree I'd rather see the EQ devs fix existing bugs before adding new features.

Just happen to log into Diablo 3 and its all about leader boards and competition to be #1. Which it seems the top raiding guilds strive to prove in various ways.

Consider it a slow Forum Quest day conversation.
  18. Febb Augur

This already exists as someone pointed out. I'd rather developers work on the server issues the game currently has than to work on anything else.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I maintain the raid leader board for the Bertoxxulous server here: https://omaniwinter.org/bkb/

Unfortunately, it seems the entire server is down to only two active current content raiding guilds, unless Wreckers is just being very quiet lately..