DPG closing down?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vaxpo, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaxpo Elder

The complete lack of support coupled with no communication really makes me think that DPG is on its way out. Companies simply do not operate this way and survive.
    Dirgenoobforrealzzzz likes this.
  2. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Holly probably took all the good staff with her over to Blizzard.
  3. A player New Member

As long as people keep spending their money on SC, krono and subs they will continue to be open for business.
  4. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

All that's left is some boomer named Herb that can't fix anything newer than Windows 98
  5. Aegir Augur

It's still Daybreak the money flows to - and they don't give a ****.

I'm pretty sure that people at Darkpaw wanted a quick solution + ressources to fix this, but they are still tied to Daybreak in that aspect.
  6. Arrk Augur

Well.... when the split the company into various studios by game... that is a sign that they are prepping to sell off parts of the company.

The migration in February of the server farm was obvious a cost savings move.

All we can hope for is a real investor comes along and shakes things up enough to keep things going... if nothing like that happens .. I give it 3 years at most.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, and that milkshake machine always works at Mcdonalds.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  8. Kiaro Augur

I hope blizzard buys them, gives JChan the resources she needs to get this game running in peak performance.
  9. Angered Augur

If they sell i hope who ever buys them gives the game a full make over! Like new graphics , retool all the raid loot that is useless from early eras instance all dungeons for raiding / leveling ,! focus effects and other QOL things needed over the years
  10. mark Augur

from what i remember holly said that the game was increasing in subs every year from a few years back,also dc online got launched on the switch and unfortunatly planet side arena was a flop,a new eq his under development and since i can remember people have been saying eq his going to close in the next year etc and daybreak loves kronos because they cost more then a monthly sub and well we sold xamount of kronos these financial year for xvalue wich his a cost to daybreak so we dont pay taxes on some because they are a liability until they get used.
  11. Wololo New Member

Did you pull that directum? Because after the fiasco that was EQN, I dont believe they have stated anywhere that they are trying again.
  12. Sikkun Augur

Forums have claimed EQ is shutting down everyday since 2004, one day they will be right though.
    Zataos and minimind like this.
  13. Febb Augur

Most likely some higher up told them to be quiet on the server issues affecting the highest populated servers until they can actually figure out a real fix. Telling people you have the fix figured out and then patch it in and it still doesn't fix the issue makes people lose trust in the company and the person who communicated it.
  14. Vaxpo Elder

Keeping radio silence on an issue that has been going on for over a month causes just as much loss of trust. It really feels like to me that there is a bigger reason for the radio silence. I am starting to think Holly jumped ship for much bigger reasons.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

This has been their M.O. for decades.

Yeah, like Holly was a huge success.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  16. Password1234 Augur

My uncle who works for Nintendo says that DPG are getting bought by Sega and the next expansion is going to have Sonic and a new character called Nathan the Hedgehog.
    KimchiGoddess and Nennius like this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

What does "radio silence" mean to you? Lack of daily updates? sure. No communication at all for over a month? Come on. They have posted multiple posts about it and more than 1 DBG employee has been active on their discord server.
    minimind likes this.
  18. wade_watts Augur

Not sure what you would look for that you don't currently see....
    • Senior leaders leaving the company
    • Cost containment measures in place to run lean and show profitability
    • Company and business unit restructuring
    • Multiple layoffs over past 12 months
    • Multiple reports on glassdoor and other 'rumors' from employees that owners are looking to sell
    • Not back-filling employees as they quit / get terminated
    • Poor or fading PR / Media management
    For most on here, scarier than them selling is that nobody wants to buy because the profitability isn't there. Nobody is going to buy EQ and start renovating the game to bring it back to glory, it's clearly on life-support for as long as it can maintain profitability with a skeleton crew.
    Name2 likes this.
  19. Pawtato Augur

They’re definitely shopping DPG.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Someone will stick around to keep the lights on and reboot servers while collecting their profit, there just won't be much support or anything new at that point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.