Neffiken, Lord of Kelek`Vor remains untargetable no matter what

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by zerkarinoh, Jul 5, 2020.

1. zerkarinoh New Member

While working on Paladin 1.5 pre-quest I am unable to progress any further due to Neffiken remaining untargetable no matter what.

I have cleared the fort(s) a handful of times. Killed all giants, killed all npcs in the area. Short of attempting to kill every single mob in the zone, I've tried it.

He is up, staring at me, just untargetable.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you happen to read this in the comments on Alla? Appears to be related to the giants respawning.

"On my third attempt I also had the issue with him being untargetable, even after all the giants were dead (as some previous posters mentioned). I found that was caused by the giants starting to respawn. They don't all respawn on the same timer...it takes several hours for them to all be up again. However, as soon as they START to respawn Neffy is untargetable, even after all the existing respawns have been killed. In other words, you have to wait until they ALL respawn, then come back and clear them out again, and he'll be targetable."
    zerkarinoh likes this.
  3. zerkarinoh New Member

I'll AFK a few hours and see. Last time I let everything respawn, then trained them all into his room and killed them right in front of him. Still nothing.

Will try your advice, though. Thanks!
  4. Snah New Member

If you're just killing the giants in the fort in the forest you need to also kill the giants that are a bit north of the fort as well to make him go active IIRC
  5. Prathun Developer

Each time one of the following NPCs are killed, a global variable is incremented.
    Also, each time one of these NPCs spawns, that same global variable is decremented.
    an_irmin_her_megir
    an_irmin_fannsk
    an_irmin_fannsk
    a_fannsk
    an_irmin_her_megir
    an_irmin_fannsk

If this variable is equal to 33 after an NPC death and the untargetable Neffiken is up, the untargetable Neffiken will despawn and the targetable version will spawn. In any case, the variable is then set to 0.

There are 34 spawn points for these NPCs.
    In theory, nearly all of them need to be down simultaneously in order to activate Neffiken.
    In practice... there are better ways to implement this and I would not be terribly surprised if it is unreliable in its operation.
    Yinla, Ssdar, svann and 2 others like this.