Nerf the Krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Zipper New Member

The Krono isn't the problem. It's the cockgoblins who dominate camps in order to acquire it. The better solution would be to make rare items only ever drop for an account one time. Then when someone gets an item, they move on. Problem solved.
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

Hahahahahaha!

I mean it's not like I NEVER say it but I don't say it very often. Some people will use it as a verbal question mark on things they're saying. Or they'll make a comment that they want a response regarding and they'll be all like "eh???".

If we're ever guilded together and you hear me in discord you can listen and point it out if you hear it ;p

I'd agree that people from Nova Scotia sound way more "Canadian" than people in Ontario, that being said.
    Loze likes this.
  3. Kiaro Augur

Combine ugh, the first pair of Cobalt legs that dropped - the warrior that won them literally had his character listed for sale within 2 hours.

Back in 99 one of my pals won the CoF off of one of the first Naggy kills on the server, he bought himself a new PC with the cash from it.
    There was an entire guild that was duping Rubicite and I know one of em paid their rent with flipping the plat they got from it..until they got banned.
    The GM of the guild that woke the sleeper on our server bought a car with SoD sales...

I remember getting in a training battle with a group that wanted Sebilis King back before the Fungi stuff got nerfed.
    Yeah RMT and competition over camps has not really gotten worse, there just more wombats in the box due to how high the populations are on these servers, and Krono, since it won't get you banned for trading them in game, allows it to be FAR more in the open than ever before.

I myself have literally never done any sort of RMT tho, I just was guilded with a lot of guys who did...John!
  4. Loze Elder

They had a really thick almost Scottish/Canadian mix (New Scotland, duh) and one of the guys I was driving from Halifax to Sydney with warned me that they would say "bye" a lot, but he didn't know what it meant.
    I told him to use it in a sentence and he said, "It's cold out today, b'y"

I said, "It's boy. You're saying boy."

He said, "nah, I don't think so, it's just something we say."
    lol
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

LOL even I have no idea what he was saying, if he really meant boy or if they have some weird slang ;p
    Loze likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Everything I need to know about Canadian dialect I learned from

7. Loze Elder

I had it confirmed at a later date by 2 reputable Canadians that he was indeed saying "Boy" lol
  8. Captain Video Augur

I'm still trying to figure out what this meant...

I was watching a mixed doubles curling match on Canadian TV. The Canadian team was made up of two married couples. The women on the team, whenever they were throwing the rocks, were constantly shouting to their male counterparts, "Hurry!"

Maybe the solution is to make Krono out of rocks.
  9. Iyacc Augur

Not gonna lie, I sold a SSoY for almost $400 on Karana in the early days and I wasn't even near level 50 when it happened. It was months after the game had launched and it wasn't even like it was a brand new item. Wish I had sold that Manastone though..... A druid friend who was quitting straight gave me her account and we didn't use it for anything but PLing so I gave that to my cleric partner. You could get a fair chunk of real life cash for 100k plat if you sold it to the gold spammers.
    Sorry Karana people!
  10. Mercanyin Augur

Cloak of Flames was for sale. Only 35 Krono.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

https://www.letterkenny.tv/

If you haven't watched it, you're missing out. It's on Hulu. Not sure where else.
    KimchiGoddess and Tucoh like this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Should we cap the amount of plat you can hold also? Does anyone really need more than..10k plat in the early expacs? This is basically what you are suggesting.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

Any of these defeat the entire point of Krono.

DPG doesn't want to reduce the value of Krono in any way. They make money off Krono sales.
  14. TheChosenOne Augur

The other option is to just increase rare spawn rates and maybe drop rates.

It seemed to work on Selos, it makes it easier for people to obtain those items via camps or buy them for reasonable prices from other players

Some of the camp times/drop rates in this game are just insane
  15. Ruination Elder

There's a lot of things I also do not understand, making the game conform to my narrow vision would be silly as well
  16. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

If there's any trend i've noticed, it's that each TLP there's fewer and fewer people trying to just play the game, and more and more people trying to sell rare drops for krono. I figure in two more generations of TLP, there won't be anyone left but the people trying to sell eachother loot rights.
  17. Jaime Lannister Augur

Can somebody please define "Reasonable prices" for me?
    I see this posted all the damn time, it makes no sense. ITEMS ARE SO GOD DAMNED CHEAP!

What items are unobtainable and unreasonably priced?
  18. Mercanyin Augur

Cloak of Flames? 35 Krono please.

Pearl Kedge Totem? 20 Krono please.