can we do paid transfers fm aradune -> riz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by curious2, Jul 7, 2020.

1. curious2 Lorekeeper

i'd do it if its allowed
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

I don't think they ever let people transfer from one TLP to another unless they open it up and announce it, etc.

That being said, if you haven't been able to level that high and are okay with starting over, I'd just roll and start on Rizlona. If you purchased bags etc, you can petition and explain why you switched and ask the bags/pots (basically dbg bought items not in game loot) to be transferred from X character on Aradune to Y character on Rizlona. I saw another user caution to have both the bags empty and the two top slots on the receiving char open.

If you do decide to start over, feel free to inbox me. I'm currently ~35 with my chars there and can help you out with some buffs if we're ever online at the same times.
  3. Mrjon3s Augur

just turn all your aradune loot to krono and start over on rizlona. Petition for bags and go at it. Nothing in classic really matters and if you do it fast enough you can get some DE masks.
  4. curious2 Lorekeeper

sounds good, but not quite as simple as i would like
    i have a 50 on aradune, real life friend plays on riz. id rather pay for it and move over than level up again. i guess i could buy the token and see if its an option then petition a refund if it isnt
  5. trevock Augur

Not restarting. I have 6 level 50's now. Sorry. Let me transfer or fix this disaster. I'll pay for it.

Actually i have 5 level 50's and 1 level 45, but still.
  6. Lionari Elder

They allowed transfers from Lockjaw onto Ragefire. And I believe another server also.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

Gotcha, I don't think I was around for that.

Wonder why they haven't bothered to offer one off Aradune to Rizlona then, especially after so long since server launch and they're still having issues.
  8. Kiaro Augur

Lockjaw was a 2nd server they opened to alleviate problems on Ragefire (namely the queue).
    They then released Phinigel after it became apparent that the issue wasn't that the servers were overpopulated by players, but rather too many players who were trying to log in 40+ accounts at once. So Truebox was born. Which for the first bit on Phinigel was enforced, and things were nice without masses of mage bots running around, then about a year or 2 in they figured out ways around the code and here we are again and enforced 2box limit on aradune, which from the horror stories I've been hearing, nothing is being done, not to the actual folks who are breaking this rule.
  9. curious2 Lorekeeper

can we get a community manager to comment

the transfer rules dont say anything... can we paid transfer from aradune to rizlona
  10. Trox2010 Augur

Q: Can I transfer my existing character off of Progression Servers?

Yes, but only to live servers, not to other Progression Servers.

Exceptions: Players may transfer FROM Lockjaw TO Ragefire.

https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server

I would say at this time the answer is no you can not pay to transfer to Rizlona.
  11. Trox2010 Augur

And the whole Lockjaw to RF was done so DBG could milk a little more money out of those communities by trying to cash in on the people hoping to escape a dead server to one a little more alive.
  12. Machen New Member

There is really no reason to not allow this at this point. Rizlona is the more "lax" server ruleset wise. There is no benefit to playing on Aradune that Rizlona players have missed out on. Aradune players wishing to xfer have no competitive advantage at all over Rizlona players.

That said, I will be shocked if they offer this.

For players wanting this, consider that even if you have invested a ton of time already in Aradune, if you just reroll now you will be caught up on that time investment in short order given a server with little to no downtime, no queues, etc. If I were in your shoes, I'd take matters into my own hands rather than wait on DPG to fix something for me.
  13. pinco Lorekeeper

it took me about 16 hours to plv a shammie for buffs to lvl 33, got her to lvl 10 in blackborrow and starting area,went to campfire in unrest and got her to lvl 30 with dm and full cleric buffs,to 33 at zi in lowerguk.
  14. Hdizzle Augur

Rizlona doesn't have truebox tho :eek: .…:oops: :)

Frankly before Kunark starts is a great time to reroll. You'll be up to 60 in no time and ready for velious when gear starts to matter a bit.
  15. Jaime Lannister Augur

Just make a new character.. its classic, which means the level cap is 50 and all the gear is ez to come buy.

You can casually max lvl and group gear in a month. Plenty of time. Before kunark. You can even liquify your income into krono, and likely get your bags transfered.
  16. Mercanyin Augur

So you have had plenty of time to play? Whats the problem?
  17. Mercanyin Augur

18. KimchiGoddess Augur