Thank you, Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

I took several breaks last year that lasted a total of 5-7 months. Because of this I got far behind on a lot of TBL stuff.

On Saturday I completed TBL hunter. Since Overseer started several months ago I have been doing Collection Overseer quests and banking the TBL collects until I got done with hunter. Right after it i had 41 TBL collects left to obtain, and 42 TBL Overseer TBL collect tokens. I did a bazaar search on all the missing ones I had, and I figure I would have spent 3-3.5 million in plat on TBL collects had it not been for Overseer.

So thank you, Overseer, for saving me a ton of plat. You served your purpose, and unless I am in need of some TS stuff I am done with you for now.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

With Overseer, there's absolutely no reason to pay those rip-off prices for pre-current expansion collectibles. The fact that some traders are STILL trying to charge hundreds of thousands of plat for collectibles is laughable.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I just think they aren't paying attention to the market at all. Maybe because they let bots handle their bazaar-pricing? :eek:
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There's a lot of silliness in Bazaar pricing. A couple weeks ago, I needed some rank 2 drops for a leveling character. Needed 3 EoK writs, among them, a greater. Prices for Minor, Lesser, Median and Glowing were all in the <5kpp range, but the only guy who had Greaters wanted 50kpp each. Decided to just skip it and do without the rank 2 for that spell. Once I turned in the other two I had, the quest window reminded me, you can down-convert those rank 2 drops! So, I bought another Glowing for 5kpp, and converted it to a Greater, and problem solved ;)
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Some people don't ever update their prices.

Also, people can only gain so many via overseer. If you need a ton and want them fast, you may still spend a lot. 100k for one collect doesn't bother me at this point, I'm sure it doesn't for many others either.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Spells are the thing I have trouble filling out for my army anymore. Last two levels dont drop for crap i get 111-113 like crazy. Let us get some RK2 spells in Overseer or up the drop on em. Used to be able to have all my spells up to rk2 for multi toons, now im lucky to see my main full of em.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I still wish there was some value to increasing your level in the Diplomacy, Explorer and Trade missions. I personally think it is bad design to have a Level 1 Common mission that requires 1 agent and has an optional slot for 1 more agent have a reward of 1 Collectible fragment and a Level 5 Rare mission that requires 3 rare/elite agents and has slots for 4-5 more agents also rewards 1 collectible fragment.

You should be receiving additional collectible fragments based on the level and rarity of the mission. The only type that provides 2 collectible fragments is a level 5 Elite, which is extremely rare to see (checking every cycle I have seen 1 in a month and at the time my agents were incapacitated so I couldn't run it).

I think they should rework it so that Levels 1/2 add 1 fragment, Levels 3/4 add 2 fragments and Level 5 adds 3 fragments. Common/Uncommon add 0 fragments, Rare/Elite add 1 fragment. This way you are actually incentivized to level up and run harder/rarer missions.
    Velisaris_MS and Jumbur like this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

100k for one collectible doesn't bother me. Key word being one, not forty.

Now granted I have 14 million so if I spend three it isn't going to destroy my bank. But it is still nice to be able not to have to spend the three.

Besides I am missing probably 40 TOV collectibles. So that 3 million I saved will come in handy at that point...
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

How do you get collectibles? I see an option for tradeskiill items on some of the missions but have never seen a collectible as a reward option.

Also do the uncommon, rare and elite missions give more xp? the success rate seems to be lower just wondering about this or if I should just stick to high % common missions
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Run Diplomacy, Exploration, and Trade quests. On the reward window when you finish, choose the last option which is a collection fragment (not sure of the exact wording). One you have at least 4 fragments, click the stack and you get a collectible container. On the properties of that, click the button to claim it and pick what expansion you want. Do the same on the new item to get a specific collection, then again to get the speicific collectible you need.

It's a very unwieldly process to claim a single collectible, but worth it to not have to pay those outrageous prices for finish off a collection.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

It's just rough to have 32 collectible fragments for one collectible set. =/
    lockjaws likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Rough? Meaning what?

I get at least 8 fragments a day, which gets me a complete set (assuming I don't have some of them already, or bought them in the Bazaar for cheap) every 4 days.
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

Overseer may be crappy, but saved me millions. Leveled my main from 113 to 115. Gave me a stockpile of TS components. Now, helping level my alt up from 90 and have a dozen collectible clickables banked.
    So, while Overseer is crappy it is useful. Especially if you have limited game time.
    GoneFission and Tatanka like this.
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

As for pricing, If there are none in the bazaar, it is hard to know where to start. For collectibles, I start high and work down. People still buy at fairly high prices.

For TS components, I'm a bit high, but the still stuff moves and I try to keep a fair quantity on hand. The
    real issue is the oodles of items and the lack of vendor slots. I have enough odds and ends on hand to
    fill 4 or 5 vendors. I'm just not willing to buy accounts for them, so I try and rotate things. Then you have the TS components vs. collectibles. They both build up (if you even bother to pick the up - apparently most don't). I swap between the two groups depending on sales and availability. Options are always good.

A lot of lower named drops (like HOT, BM...) are not worth the trouble. I try once or twice to give them away to others leveling. Otherwise, I tribute them. I would rather have 5K tribute then having a item on my vendor that will take days to sell for a couple of thousand pp (or less). Of course, some of those are no drop, but still tribute well (5-10K) and the zones frequently empty.
  15. KarmaKitty Augur

As to the auto-bots in the Bazaar, may your enemies party on your carcasses.

Actually, I've only encountered a couple of apparent users or very fast typist.

Was trying to sell a nicely priced ToV item and there were a couple apparently items rigged to be 1%
    under lowest. It was frustrating to see them periodically reprice to under cut me. In the end, someone
    found a fire sale for sure. Fortunately, they don't deal in most of my staples.

I can understand it, but it is prohibited.

I can also understand those pricing something cheap for a quick sale. That is what I did with lower level armor and weapons drops until I just gave up and took the tribute.
  16. haaaalp Augur

Tons of people still pay 200k-500k per shiny off my trader. Soooooooooooooo, fail?