I fixed ALL of my raid lag but now I cannot parse fights :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bucktoof, Jul 4, 2020.

1. kizant Augur

Radeon RAMDisk is what I'm using and it's been pretty good. It has an option to backup and restore your files if you have to reboot so you don't accidentally lose anything since ram disks are only in memory.

After you have your ramdisk created you have to make a link in your Everquest directory since EQ doesn't let you choose where to put your log files. So, delete your current log directly and as administrator you make a directory link like this. Note that my ramdisk is my R drive.

mklink /d "c:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\logs" r:\

If this works when you click on the logs directory under EQ it should take you to the ramdisk directory. You can also try increasing the priority on eqgame.exe as it's running. I use "Above Normal" priority and it's helped. If that does make a difference then could also install process hacker and set it up to change the priority for you automatically. Between this stuff and putting spam in an open window I just move off the screen I haven't had any real issues in a while.

Also, not all these settings are needed for most people. It depends on which class are in your raid and how much DPS they're doing. So, anyone saying there must be something else going on it might just be that as the difference.
    Ravanta Suffer and Cadira like this.
  2. Zalamyr Augur

I'll second this one. Never tried it on my newer computer, but on my old computer having even 1 in-game audio trigger set resulted in nearly unplayable raid frame rates while trying to parse all combat. Clearing all of them out and using Gina instead and I had absolutely no fps issues, even when parsing the entire raid.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Didn't read all the replies.

I had this problem in TBL. There is a chat window bug. When I minimized the chat windows, I got horrendous lag. Expanding the window and then manually shrinking it with the edges, no more lag.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I actually use the Main Chat window as my spam window. I pull out the info I want to see and put it in other windows (raid, guild, group, etc) as I want it set up, and then just leave everything else in there. I resize it down to as small as I want it (I use it to fill a small blank space in my UI. I hate blank spaces in my UI) but I *cannot* minimize it, and I *cannot* accidentally close it and send all that spam into other windows.
    Mithra likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) Make sure any antivirus ignores the /log directory
    2) /loginterval 1
    3) Don't minimize windows, use a tab instead
    4) Keep the log file under 500MB (lower is better), ESPECIALLY if you use an SSD.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. svann Augur

If you use gina you can set it to move your log file to backup daily. Settings, log maintenance, check auto archive, set schedule to daily. Then it removes your log every day when you first start it.
    Fanra, Barton, Winnowyl and 1 other person like this.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We raid Sun - Tues, so I have mine set to auto-archive on Wednesday. I uh... I don't shut down GINA unless I'm doing a full restart of the PC. It never remembers where my windows go (yes, I've saved layout..... every. single. time. I start. GINA.) and I hate having to readjust everything. At midnight on Wednesday, it cuts and archives my logs onto a second drive. I love it.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

No one likes to hear their computer is not running correctly however, I do believe you have some issue that is outstanding and has not been diagnosed. You should NOT lag with your filters on show all.

If EQ is up, so is GINA and gamparse for me, I have all my filters set to show and I never lag, raid or otherwise. ( outside of the random lag spikes we all get these days )

I would verify through your task manager in the details tab that EQ is running on all cores and not just 1. If it's running on a single core, you will have lag issues with your filters. You'll also want to try adjusting the priority to either high or real time.

Good luck on fixing your machine.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

So I switched my spam chat from minimized to just really small and hidden behind a different chat box. That definitely makes a difference. Normally I would have to do at least 1 /clear by the end of the night on it but I was able to go all night without having to use it. I also added the EQ Folder to the exceptions list on Defender, I had did this on the old computer but I forgot to add it on the new computer.