Rizlona Bind Wound cap

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jmfcterribad, Jul 6, 2020.

1. jmfcterribad New Member

On Rizlona, my bind wound is 255/275. The character sheet says I should be able to get 20 more skillups. The achievement window under General > Utility Proficiency shows my class has not yet attained the level 50 skill cap.

It's been 100 bandages at 255 skill and no skillup. Is this a bug?
  2. Mercanyin Augur

I don't believe so. I find that once you get within 15-20 points of maxing out a skill. It takes forever. I must have cast Sense the Dead 700 times just to go from 240-250.
  3. Machen New Member

Those are actually the normal old rates of skilling up. They added a new perk recently that if a skill is more than 5 levels below current it will level up on almost every use, so you can catch up to close to max very quickly but the last 5 levels' worth are still the normal slow rate.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

What's your int/wis

and no it's not a bug
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

This goes along with the change they made right around when Selo launched...

Everything is trivially fast and then it goes "old normal" for the final X%... maybe 5% or something close.
  6. Kiaro Augur

Up to cap -21 you have almost 100% chance to obtain a skillup on any skill (besides tradeskills and languages)
    At 20 to cap, its the old % chance (Based on int/wis/dex/agi depending on skill)
    Yeah, it was that bad.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Just wait until you get to the 400s and beyond . . . it can take a few hundred bandages for one skill-up point :)
  8. jmfcterribad New Member

Thank you for the replies.
    Int/Wis is at 75
  9. Machen New Member

So in retrospect I think there is a more fundamental question. Why are you trying to max bind wound? I don't think there is any situation in the game ever any more where it is an actually useful skill to have.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Completionist and/or Achievement suckah
  11. Mercanyin Augur

Yep, I fall under that completionist category. Call me old fashioned.
  12. Nuttmeg Augur

Begging, I need 15 skillups and after 255 attempts, got 0. I read there were some recent changes; can someone make extra sure these skill chances were set too low? 255 fails in a row with 0 skillups is a pretty low rate for a skill within 15 points of it's cap.
  13. Kiaro Augur

Not in EQ
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I found it moderately useful when dungeon soloing as a wizard in early TLP expansions. Less downtime!
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If it's a 1% chance of skill up (I'm guessing at 1%, but I definitely don't think it's higher than 2%) then you have a 7.7% chance of failing to skill up after 255 attempts. Somewhat bad luck but not unheard of. It's also a possibility the % chance of skillup is less than 1%, making your result more probable. Those final skill up points on barely relevant skills like Begging, Swimming, Alcohol Tolerance etc. are really elusive in my experience.
  16. Protagonist Tank

Welcome to Everquest.

Going from 274 to 275 took me 261 bandages.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Very low numbers for doing skillups. You want to find some gear pieces that boost those stats, even if you don't use them at any time other than when you're doing your skillups. You should be able to get both those stats to at least 120 in Classic, if you rolled with a base of 75.
  18. Nolrog Augur

A little too fast now I think. Though I have taken advantage. I have an audio trigger to tell me when I get a skill up and it is crazy fast.
  19. Nuttmeg Augur

I just did a long stretch of begging. 1,200 more attempts and my skill went from 226 to 227.

Less than 1 skillup per 1,000 can't be right. I posted in the bugs section, please like.
  20. Fluid Augur

I've used it the same way on TLP servers were there are no cleric mercs.

Where it actually does shine is when you use it for leveling alts. I think a level 50ish character can heal ~1/4 of a level 14 characters health with a single bandage. It really shines when you can get the AAs to heal to 100%.