Suggestion/Feedback for the guild banner

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JoltzP, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JoltzP New Member

/Feedback in game, sends me to here, but there's no feedback/suggest forum.

Anyway, wouldn't it be nice functionality for the guild banner to be able to click on it and it send you back to the guild hall?
    Conq, Allayna, Windance and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

That's a cool idea. As long as it was not easy to do by accident that would be pretty nice.
  3. Mediik Augur

Only if an officer could toggle the functionality and replant :) Many times banner is used a rally point during raid, we'd want to avoid mis clicks disrupting raids.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Agreed. Not sure we need a toggle functionality but as long as it was not easy to pull a druid/wizard and evac by mistake I think would suffice.
  5. Greymantle Augur

I like this idea, as for random clicks. Just have a confirmation box simmilar to ports.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So you want to get rid of another use for a druid and a wizzy?
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Give druids/wizards an empyr gate/port/tlc as a trade-off then...:)
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Porting to the guild hall is an important feature for wizards and druids? Once housing is released everyone gets two click items that takes them back to the housing version of the guild hall. Also with changes to vet AA's everyone has an AA that will take them back to the guild lobby which is just a quick zone away from the guild hall. If something like this was to be implemented it would be a nice way for people to get back to the guild hall after events without having a druid or wizard spam everyone with a AE TL box which they do because it is normally more than a single person needing a port.
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Also it would be great if we could get a clicky item to port to guild banner.
    Windance likes this.
  10. Windance Augur

I love the idea of both being able to click the banner for a gate to guild hall and a self click to banner. The issue with both of changes would be on raid mechanics. They would offer a way for people to avoid some of the nasty effects if they have quick access to bounce out of the raid instance and back for the a time out penalty (zone times). As noted there are already ways to do this with primary/secondary anchors, caster gate to bind (lobby), etc.
  11. Allayna Augur

They already made changes so that you cannot TL out while in combat. The same could be applied to the guild banner click to the guild hall.

As far as it marginalizing druids and wizards, I always disliked having to wait at the chest to TL everyone out. But on that same sentiment, since it cannot be used in combat anymore, can we reduce the cast time to 0.5 seconds for the AE TL?
    Fanra and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  12. Braveheart Augur

Another nice option. If a banner is down, you respawn in the GH instead of your bind.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Going to the guild hall is not a use for a druid or wizard.
    We have had translocation potions to take us to our bind point forever.

Going from there to say great divide, is a thing.

I decline most ports and just use my anchors. The getting home ship has sailed a long time ago.
    Jumbur likes this.
  14. Cuuthbert Augur

I would like to see a raid banner that multiple guild/non guilded could use for open events
    svann and Jumbur like this.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Alliance banner vs. Guild banner. Like a fellowship on steroids.
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I've been trying to pitch a personal click to guild banner item for years. Make it a $5 purchase, that the cash would be spent to further fund specific development projects, like say, a keyring for transportation items. Every year they could release one low dollar microtransaction thing like this and I'd bet more people would buy them then not. I know I would :p
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Just playing devil's advocate:

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-52081

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=24011

SOE made the banners this way, because of targeting issues on raids. Not sure DPG will flip it back.