Advice on managing items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Dexxeaa New Member

I parcel myself certain items that I plan on using for trade skills, etc. Just remember there is a limit and items can be deleted, if you log out and you have more then the limit in your parcel.
  2. Zamiam Augur

anyone know what that limit is and how long before they delete stuff ?
  3. Nniki Augur

The parcel limit is 50 items. After that, items can be lost if you exit the game.

When you hit 50, you receive this chat message (yellow):
    If you try to parcel while at or over the limit, you receive this message (white):
    If someone puts you over the limit or parcels you while you're over the limit, you receive this message (red):
    When you log in with more than 50 parcels, you see this box:
    [IMG]
    And if you try to camp, you see this one:
    [IMG]
    Mithra and Zamiam like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Most of this is only if you are in game. But you can still parcel to an alt who is not logged in - then you have a much higher limit (until they log in)

I often hit over 100 on my tradeskill alts and it just gets worse cause I know when I log in I will have to do something with all that stuff.
    Zamiam and Wulfhere like this.
  5. bortage spammin lifetaps

I fill my bank and inventory with the biggest bags I can find then I pack them with garbage until I have literally no slots left, then I ask in guild or general chat "hey who wants collectibles" and whatever poor sap says yes gets like 800 stacks of velium covered coke
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You need to pick up each item in your bank/house/guild bank and ask yourself if it gives you joy. If not get rid of it.

:)

If all your stuff gives you joy then I can't help you.

LOL
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If all our stuff gives us joy, we don't need help ;)
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

We just need more room to put all the things that make us happy. :D
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Put a tradeskill only bag (I use 2) as the first in your inventory. Then put a collections only bag as the second in your inventory. TS items and collection items will automatically sort themselves in your inventory.

Keep all your tradeskill items on a hoarder alt that has a bank full of TS only bags. Use the autobank feature. For mine, I have more TS items than the bank holds, so I put all of a certain image type into the character inventory using the auto inventory feature. So say, all powders and vial graphics get auto inventoried and everything else is auto banked.

For collections, put them on alts by expansion. So if alt named XYZ has a bunch of space and you want to keep collections, all of RoS and TBL go to that alt, while TBM and etc go to another alt.
    Mithra likes this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

This is more of a development issue than a psychological one. What makes hoarding in EverQuest so bad is that trivial items never make it onto vendors at reasonable prices.

People at this day and age are mass killing Air to get TS items to make things for quests or to level up. Making these items vendor purchasable for a reasonable fee after a certain trivial point (3-5 expansions?). Examples examples. For instance salt and acorns from trivial zones for current content food. Why did this happen? It's no like there are low level players in these zones getting these items and selling them to higher players. These are pointless time sinks. Players keep everything because it takes less time to hoard than it does to manage the inventory. We have a growing coding problem with bags and storage issues because of design related decisions to keep irrelevant content relevant.

The issues with collections is that they are a great source of XP for alts or friends. People keep them because a few completed collections at 111 or 114 is worth so much XP that it easily offsets the time it takes to manage the inventory. It takes no more space to have 100 of an item than it does to have 1 of the item, and there's no way to keep track of which of those collections to have and which you dont. Once you are at your house, you might as well keep the duplicates. I just play in an expansion with a collections only bag in a top slot and unload all of the collections at the end to an alt. It's easy to have a note of XYZ=TBL and parcel everything.

XP aside, some people just like gift giving and storing collections to give away is motivation enough for a lot of people.