When you need a SERIOUS warrior pet tank what gear do you use?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Deux, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Just wondering what people are using to gear up their pets when they are looking to make them stout for a specific encounter.
    Armor - Dimensional warrior seems to be the best unless I'm missing something
    Weapons - Mage summoned is there anything that procs better for them?
    Jewelry - I usually will give my pet rings and such from various zones just wondering if there is a common set of stuff people use other than mage summoned
    Belt - merc belts I seem to have a surplus of these
    Shoulder / face - mage summoned or ?
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

If you chain your RS pets from the very start, they can take a lot of the beating, allowing you to use water for dps, especially if you have good AA. So RS pet would be the answer, unless you meant necro pet, in which case I apologize for my intrusion.
    Deux likes this.
  3. Marton Augur

I've seen people use Conflagrant gear.
    Deux likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I've never seen anyone parse the survivability of an unequiped pet vs mage gear pet vs dimensional/conflagrant/snowbound geared pet. Would be pretty interesting.
    Deux likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I thought SERIOUS pet-classes used raid-currency gear or rares from older expansions...:p

I don't know anyone who is THAT serious though.
  6. Szilent Augur

Nope. Pets return No Trade items, so raid gear is out. They would equip attunable ultrarares, but can't get those with currency.
    Deux likes this.
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

The stun weapon from GD x2 is probably decent for tanking (have to equip one first, then get the other, as they're lore, of course)
    Deux likes this.
  8. Buster_Shruggs Augur

For my pet tank I use war conflag armor, dual wields war 1hs and sk 1hs; I don't parse, but I worry a lot less about my pet dying or losing aggro. The rune proc off the sk 1hs procs pretty often also. I thought that's why they added the need for a no drop component for making TS armor after RoS.
    Deux likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It always amazes me how far pets can be taken by the cleverest of Magicians, Necros, and Beastlords.

The best gear I know about is the Conflagrant Armor. Hope that helps.
    Deux likes this.
  10. Benemage New Member

If soloing/moloing -

All pet classes the pet takes gear based on highest AC of the item, it doesn't look at the other stats to determine if the gear is an upgrade or not.

Best route is to give your pet Defenders Merc gear (Extravagant is typically the best deal).

Give your pet Rage swords to help him hold agro. Even with taunt off they hold pretty good.

If grouped use your highest DPS pet and for procs I recommend Fire and Magic. TOV mobs have higher resists to cold so avoid that PROC. If your doing a lot of fighting in zones where the mobs are high FR swap out fire sword for ice proc.

YES your pet will happily equip and use mercenary gear. So don't get rid of that stuff keep it for pet chew toys.

Benemage