Agnar Missing Loot: Field Rat Pelts and Field Rat Whiskers

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pelrond, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Pelrond Elder

I am trying to do the newbie quests in surefall glades on Agnar. I need components from large and giant whiskered bats and large and giant field rats. I have found some of the components from the bats but I have yet to see any field rat specific drops. I am seeing regular rat whiskers and pelts but not the required whiskered variety. This is in the qeynos hills. Can someone check if these are in fact dropping? I know the giant field rat whiskers are fairly rare but when I did this quest on other TLPs, the pelts dropped regularly and the large whiskers were a fairly common drop.

Thanks.
  2. Pelrond Elder

I finally got a giant field rat pelt. Still no whiskers. Seems like the loot is probably there but either I have had awful luck with the rng or the drop rate is lower than other servers. I grind on.
  3. Pelrond Elder

Still no field rat whiskers on large or giant field rats. I've got stacks of regular whiskers but none of the no drop field variety. No large pelts either. Plenty of giant pelts though. Whiskered bat fur on pretty much every kill. Just the rats that are the issue. I think the whiskers are either not dropping or at a much lower rate than mangler and other TLPs.
  4. Prathun Developer

Giant Field Rat Whiskers drop at a rate of 16% from a_giant_field_rat NPCs in Qeynos Hills.
    Verified that this can drop on Agnarr. It sounds like you're having bad luck with the RNG. :(
  5. Pelrond Elder

Thanks for checking. I will keep trying!
  6. Pelrond Elder

Just logged in and gave it another shot. Got giant field rat whiskers on the the third rat I killed. Yay. The rng gods have smiled on me. :)
    Now just need a few more of those and some ruined gnoll chain armor. Easy peasy.
    Prathun likes this.