Bazaar traders using 3rd party software to auto-price

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I sell stuff in the bazaar mostly because i want to get rid of it and I'm not willing to actually destroy it.
    It's worth something.

I underbid a trader by 20%. Boom. They come buy my item and mark it back up.
    Any adjustment I make in my prices on what some are selling they jump on it.
    So fast there is no way it is not automated.

Darkpaw, please remove the automated players.

Edit: I'm not complaining about prices. Just automation. Someone bought it from me, I got a price i was willing to accept. No complaints there. My only complaint is the robots.
    Deux, svann and Duder like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

QFT, easiest fix ever. Or make prices stick for 24+ hours, so you cannot change your price more than once evwry 24 hours (but you can decide not to sell it anytime, of course)

Actually, you cant make the first proposal work without the 24ish hour timer, and with the timer in place, you don’t need it (but it is still a good idea)(the reason you need the repricing timer is that you can easily develop a script that logs in and out every 5 min... goodbye login servers)
    Deux and Duder like this.
  3. Duder Augur

At the cost of screwing every legitimate minute put into the bazaar? The whole idea is fix the un-level playing field, not keep prices high.
    Deux and Sarcogian like this.
  4. Sarcogian Augur

Says the guy charging me 10kr for a unity buff :(
    Bigstomp and Duder like this.
  5. Intenso Augur

Offline traders only would fix This if they cared
    Deux likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I would too if I thought you'd pay it. Free market and all.
    Nennius and Sarcogian like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How would this stop auto-pricing? The best it could do is slow down how often they change prices. It isn't like they need to be online with the trader in order to check for lower prices, just need to log back in to adjust them.
  8. Sarcogian Augur

Pfft, tattertot and I are cool.

Wait....
    Bigstomp likes this.