Not A Bug Imbued Granite Spaulders

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Drogut, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Drogut New Member

Any particular reason why this item's weight was changed from 19.4 to 25.5 in 2010 and then from 25.5 to 45 in 2014? If an unintentional change can the weight be reverted to one of the previous weights? This is extremely cumbersome on the TLP servers. Thanks!

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemhistory.html?id=4394
    phattoni likes this.
  2. phattoni Augur

its probably taken too literal in the naming of the item lol, granite is heavy, so since these are made of granite would make sense that they weigh a lot, although i agree they are far too heavy atm for anyone to use reasonably in some situations(race).
    minimind likes this.
  3. Kiaro Augur

Yeah I'm guessing that they did this because whatever Dev made that choice played an Ogre warrior and got upset about it. I remember barely being able to wear them on my Dark Elf Warrior back in 00 when I got IGS (the only non Ogre/Troll tank in the raid) I was at like 116/121.

That is a worthy change to revert back to the 19lbs. It makes zero sense to take some of these amazing items in classic and make them basically unusable.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Y'all said it. A designer made an intentional change. This is not a bug but feedback.
  5. Bowdeen Elder

So was this to make the item more realistic in weight? (in which case, it's still only about 1/2 of what it would technically weigh for those dimensions) Or was this because the item was deemed so overpowered in that era? It seems rather ridiculous that a singular item can weigh more than all other slots combined on a tank, or heavier than all bags/gear on a single caster.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

It's pretty awesome Classic flavor. Nothing about itemization in Classic makes sense or should make sense. The thing would be basically Velious-quality raid loot if you added even 50hp to it. Keep 'em heavy!
    minimind likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Race: ALL except DWF TRL OGR HFL GNM IKS

So, I don't think is is an ogre item...
  8. Eetra Journeyman

I was excited for this item then realized I couldn't wear it as an ogre. Womp womp.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We made a guess that they were always intended to be heavy, but two related bugs were fixed over time. First weight was an signed char, so the 450 wrapped and became 195. Then the field was changed to unsigned char, so it truncated at 255. Then we changed the weight to be a full int (for real estates where we didn't want houses weighing 25 stones) and the intended 450 came to it's full value. There is a decimal put in... so 450 is the 45 you are seeing.
    Ssdar and Protagonist like this.
  10. Imukai Augur

You're adorable when you talk datatypes. You're not quite so abrasive.