3 friends 6 toons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gladdius, Jul 2, 2020.

1. trevock Augur

I would go:
    Monk
    Cleric
    Shaman
    Druid
    Enchanter
    Enchanter

Have the enchanter pets tank. Shaman for slows - dots, Druid for backup heals, snares, Cleric for main heals, Monk to pull and Enchanters to CC and basically destroy everything.
  2. Gladdius Journeyman

I am really liking the paladin + options. I always main one of 4 classes. Pally, SK, Warrior, Ranger. I tend to gravitate Ranger or Pally because I feel they have the widest use in a raid and still being a ton to the table in the group game.

If my friend didn't have a necro that's what I'd do. It is my favorite box with a pally. I think now I just gotta make up my mind between druid and mage
  3. modsiw Augur

A shaman with a bard can handle heals. A mage will out dps a druid by a lot. The only major benefit I see from the druid is ports and hp buff (later also adds MR). If I were dead set on ports, I'd go wizard instead. Mage can also rod the pal and bard, both of which either can't or won't meditate.
  4. Bewts Augur

Tank with the ranger... ya got shaman slow which should be just fine and even during the torpor crying real tanks do? Ya got the aggro tools to overcome it. And with a main ranger your likely to be much better geared. If ya gotta help them level first? Play a SK till they get XP with your ranger.

That means the remaining calculus suggests DPS. Bard is enough utility; esp with shaman for melee buffs. I’d suggest a mage tbh bc ya can chain pets with Necro and yo-yo anything between them should the ranger and monk die for some spectacular reason. Mage also helps them with a solid DS option and pet toys to bump the necro pet up or in some places actually run undead charm with decent -MR debuffs between shaman and mage.
  5. Arrk Augur

Ranger/Paly.... use the ranger as the tank until luclin... then flop to the paly as the tank... use the paladin as a backup healer until luclin...

Ranger becomes autoshot bot in luclin
    Dexxeaa likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Why do people think Rangers aren't good tanks in Luclin? I know Rangers are the best DPS class, but they tank everything you could even need them to tank in Luclin and beyond.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

For sure, I've had plenty of ranger tanks in Kunark, Velious and Luclin. Sometimes they're even like "I don't know about this" when we tell them they're the tank ... but it always ends well!
    Dexxeaa likes this.
  8. Megazen Elder

6 toons on a box team and one of them isn't a druid, ....bleh. Druid is the best swing class in the game, when things are fine they can DPS plenty good enough, when things hit the fan they can heal, you get damage shields, snares, ports, evacs, later on port to bind.... you couldn't pay me to leave a druid out of a box team, especially a big one.
    Dexxeaa likes this.
  9. auto21 Elder

• You should def play what you enjoy but the best min/max grp is above.
    • Even after the nerf, enc are still the best dps class (when they have a pet)
    • Monk is there just to pull (and tank when required for short periods)
    • I disagree about the shaman replacing an enc - enc slow is good enough for the rare occasions it's actually needed, offer a lot more dps, unparalleled cc and a druid does anything that's left (and more).
    • As someone mentioned, Dru should be included and brings a lot of utility (much more than wiz) with okay dps - but the hasted pets do the majority of the damage in this grp.
    • Bard is a wasted slot because they don't buff pets until much later. Dru gets ae sow. extra mana regen isn't worth it vs another hasted enc pet.
  10. Megazen Elder

Bard with necro is such a 2 edged sword in earlier expansions, because bard songs don't work on pets till AA (which I think needs to be changed). It's awesome to have a mana regen that actually stacks with the pact line, but it sucks that a lot of the class budget is wasted because the songs don't effect pets. Enchanter and Bard are both problematic choices for a necro in a group until AA, where bard becomes the clear choice. You could also argue that necro pets are largely useless, so the mana regen of the bard is much more valuable.

Bards are by far the best pullers in classic ...well, until the hole opens up, where they become useless due to most of their pulling toolkit not working on the level mobs you are fighting. At that point, they really sort of suck for a while, because it's going to be a while before: a. Their songs work on pets, and b. They can pull again and actually CC things.

TLDR: If you are going to make a caster centric group, make sure you have an enchanter, if you are going to make a melee centric group, make sure you have a bard.

Palie
    Chanter
    Druid
    Bard
    Monk
    Mage

1. Rez and great group tank
    2. Best hard CC and regen and haste that stacks with bard, plus charm
    3. Evac, ports, run speed, snare
    4. Best puller, stacking regen and haste with chanter
    5. Best "afk" melee DPS, can flop in a wipe and drag corpses
    6. CoH, easy to macro, best "afk" caster DPS via pets, also a viable offtank via pets.

If someone held my feet to the fire, and I could only play one group, this would be it.