Evolving the earring...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

People tell me that the Rallos earring evolves based off of a set number of kills per percentage, as in 20 mob kills equals one percent.

Other people tell me it is based off of the con of the mob, as in 20 dark blues equals one percent. Or 15 white cons. Or 10 yellow cons.

Still others tell me it is based solely on XP, as in 20k XP equals one percent.

One group of people is right. The other two groups of people are not right. Would be nice to know a definitive direct from the mouth of a developer, or actual factual data done by testers... would it not?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The prevailing wisdom appears to be that all evolving items are based solely off mob consider. The faster you kill (and get credit for) killing higher con mobs, the faster the item evolves.

I haven't gamed out the difference, but on a highly unscientific observation, 10 yellow cons or 20 dark blue cons does appear to evolve it 1%. It did not matter how many people were in group, only that my group got the kill credit.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Zvenn Just an old monk

indeed its based off mob con on the evolving items, and the best place i have found to evolve it rather quickly is the dwarf caves in great divide, there are like 21 white cons (at 115) in the last room on a pretty fast respawn (plus a namer in there as a yellow con occassionaly)...a decent group can plow through that non stop for some fast ear evolving...or a really good group can get that room, the next room, and the room after and its just insane
  4. Sancus Augur

Evolving XP depends on the number of people in your group and mob con. Ngreth sets a number of white con solo kills required per level, and the experience you gain given other variables is based around that (higher con gives more xp, more group members gives less xp).
    Koryu and Astral64 like this.
  5. Astral64 Augur

Floor 6 of ToFS was my go to.

All even cons, fast respawn, fast pulls.

The caves in GD always seem to have some bot crew sitting in the room with even cons.
  6. Runcible Journeyman

I use the restless orcs in Ry Gorr to bloody my earring. I'm currently doing the second earring and get 5% in under an hour of killing there. I'm 115 and the orcs con between 112 and 115 depending on the type that pops. There is a spot there where I can do a string of 6 one after the other without much downtime at all (other than to mana up).
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

From a pure logic standpoint, they could all be wrong ;)