Please do something....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tasi, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Tasi New Member

I am getting so tired of crashing due to "can't validate your account". I'll be in the game zoning all over the place, then out of the blue I'll be disconnected due to unable to validate. I'll log in, zone once and the same thing. I run 3 boxes and Ive had it happen to all 3 at the same time. Seriously, if I'm already in the game how many times do you need to validate my account? Account validation should only need to be done upon login. Between all 3 boxes this will happen on average 8-10 times per day. It's getting stupid.

Last night I was parked in the guild lobby only to come back today and find the same thing. I don't even have to be zoning anymore.
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

You would probably have better luck sorting this out if it was posted in Player Support.
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have literally never seen this issue. I'm wondering if you have an ISP/network issue, and EQ sees you as leaving and then coming back, and that's why it wants to validate you?

But Xyphen is correct. Of all possible approaches to addressing this issue, posting in this forum is the least likely to get a response. Post in player support, or do an in-game bug report.
  4. Tasi New Member

Its not my network. Whenever this happens I'm streaming and other things which has zero issues. The only issue is within the game client itself. This has happened across 3 different ISP, so I am positive its the game.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, my point was, it can't be JUST the game. Unless a lot of people are seeing this, there's something particular about you and your setup.
    Dexxeaa, Caell and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Febb Augur

This happens when you go AFK on servers like Aradune. The AFK kick will kick you all the way out to the old login screen with the validate message.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This happens on live, too.

The problem is that you're skipping the patcher day after day.

Log in to each account individually using the patcher/launchpad. Log all the way into the game and zone one time on each account. Log all the way out. Then all the way back in on the next account. Then log all the way back out. Rinse and repeat on all accounts.

Then you can skip the patcher until you see the issue again.

NOTE: This method also fixes the issue where a character in chat channels is flagged as SPAM, assuming their BIOS time and Windows time match.
  8. Caell Augur

Not saying this doesn't happen, but I've skipped the patcher day after day after day with multiple accounts logged in from one PC for many years and have never seen this error message.
  9. Tasi New Member

I was just standing afk in pok, came back this morning and upon going into the lobby, I get the same message.

I do not byass the launcher. It doesn't matter if I've been afk or not, it happens when I've been grinding for a while and port somewhere else. If anyone has an idea what is causing this other than the stuff already proven incorrect, I'm open to suggestions.
  10. Febb Augur

Look in your logs directory in the file dbg.txt after this happens. It will show you why it kicked you.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

As has been already stated. POST IN THE BUGS FORUM.

Nobody on staff with DBG will see this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Ngreth stalks my posts. He's watching. He's ALWAYS watching. :eek:
    Tatanka likes this.