Training runes and Concordance of Research

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deadshade, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Deadshade Augur

I wanted to try the training runes to skill up Research on Aradune.
    From what I remember, one had to combine components in the Concordance of Research and then to combine the results in the Spell Research Kit .
    Now what I am sure of is that the NPC who used to give the Concordance of Research are not in game .
    So that asks 2 questions :
    1) Is there another way to get the Concordance of Research ?
    2) If not, in what container should be done the combines leading to the training runes Azia and Beza ?

If the answer is no and none then does it mean that there is no way to use the training runes on a TLP in Classic era ?
    Indeed if it was impossible then it would be pretty stupid because the Classic era is the only one where Spell Research still makes some sense and is useful .
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

Did you check eqtraders? Says 2 merchants can sell it so go have a look and find out.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Concordance of Research is a quested item (hand in a Lightstone or Greater Lightstone)
    The NPC's are not available in classic on TLP servers but likely go in with Ruins of Kunark.

Mrysila (Good) in North Karana
    Smith Tv`Ysa (Evil) in South Ro
  4. Deadshade Augur

As I said, I am sure that the 2 NPC who gave the Concordance of Research are NOT in game.
    And I am sure of it because I checked both places (SRo and NK).
    That's why the 2 questions.

Or did you want to say that there is no other way to get the container in Classic and therefore training runes cannot be used on a TLP during Classic but only perhaps after Kunark when Research becomes useless anyway ?
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I've never actually done practice runes, do you actually need to do the sub combine in the Concordance of Research

According to Allah the NPCs come with Kunark

Spell research still has some use in later expansion.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No other way to get it.
    No other container.

AFAIK
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Use the new research path to skill up (vials of pure water, muriatic acid, etc). Research doesn't become useless for crafting spells until after Luclin. You can craft everything in era except 2 spells up until PoP (the 2 are group dmf which drops in kunark and is locked until luclin and remove curse which drops in luclin and is locked until..I dunno..SoF? Some point where it no longer matters by a long shot and the spell has been in pok for many expacs). Starting in PoP research stops being useful for making spells, they will be available in the PoK long before you can craft them and when you can craft them they will cost more to craft than just buying them. Come GoD research is required for 1 raid, I forget which but one of the Ikkinz trials..3 maybe? Then in DoDH -> VoA you'll use research to turn mechanotablets into mechanoinstructions for raid augs. Not sure if research is used for anything else that late or beyond. Would be nice if you could craft spells after that expansion was over but before they were avail in PoK but that is not the devs vision I guess.
  8. Lemerian Elder

Huh? It's not useless. there are a lot of spells you can make in era with research. I did it on mangler. The main bottleneck is that sooties don't drop until luclin none of those level 60 spells can be made until then. However, all but one or two kunark spells below can be made.
  9. Lemerian Elder

Savagery also cannot be crafted in era.
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

So like now that we're past the first months on new TLPs and people have made their spell crafting money ... anyone care to share the best revamped research leveling path? I'd like to work up research for completion but honestly the new system kind of does my head in. Best I've ever leveled was in the 80s. I have an old school maxed research caster on my original server via the old system, but not sure the best way to level it with the new system.
    Kittany likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Best route to max research is via the Binding powders, I'm not sure if they are dropping in classic though. You can probably do it all via merchant bought stuff but that would be an expansive way to do it.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

0-20 Trainer
    21-54 Vial of Pure water
    55-102 Options
    a) Direct route make Oil of Vitrol. Bank these for use later. Sort term more expensive and takes more Sulfur to get to 102
    b) Make Oil of Vitrol, use the Oil of Vitrol to make equal parts Aqua Fortis and Vial of Muriatic Acid. Then Combine the Vials of Muriatic Acid and Aqua Fortis to make Aqua Regia. Bank the Aqua Regia, these can be used to make parchments for 50-59 spells and will save you thousands of plat.

103-211
    a)103-142 Clean Faded Salil's Writ pages
    b) Make spells
    c) If you really wanna throw away Krono for no reason you can spend 10s of thousands in plat to make 61+ Spell parchments with Aqua Regia.
    Tigonus and KimchiGoddess like this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Use Almar's guide, it works pretty well as far as consistent drops. Clean all the faded writ's you get. Save the stuff you craft.

You'll want to buy/farm Saltpeter and Crystallized Sulfur, the rest is vendor items.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  14. palmtrees New Member

What drops crystallized sulfur?
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Lots of stuff

In Classic the best way to farm it is to camp Seafuries in OOT
    In Kunark you can do the Tier 2 mobs in Plane of Hate or anything in Skyfire.